Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Friday, May 13, 2005

I needed that!

What a gulping great lung full of fresh air today has been. It started beautifully after a full nights sleep, a rarity in my life, I then took Seth to school and explained to his teacher that Dan was arriving at 9.30 and she said that it would be great to take Dan into school and let Seth show him around. I did just this and Seth , my sparrow legged little school boy was doing P.E in oversized blue shorts and green regulation t-shirt....waiting his turn to leap over a gym horse he saw his beloved big brother and my heart took it's first picture of the day. Oh is there anything like seeing one child fill with joy at the sight of another? From the moment he was born there has been a bond between these boys and it stays no matter what distance they have between them.
The sun has been shining and the sky clear for a few days now and it just is balm to my soul. I watched my boys play in the garden and saw my 2 huge sons playing with my 2 littlest, holding them high in the air and even throwing them to each other and it was impossible to see who was having the most fun, little boys laughing in sheer delight and excitement and big boys unable not to join in.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Sophie leaping onto Dan's back and roaring with laughter at his complaints about how much she weighs...Dan and Jordan's hysterical patter with each other and the resulting bellows of mirth.
Shopping with my eldest son who asked me if I had enough money, if there was anything I needed. This house felt bursting with all the best emotions today. Days like this are more satisfying and joyous and more soothing to my heart than any earthly treasure I could ever imagine.
I have pictures galore in my album and my heart. Today was a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home