Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Judge not!

Well did I learn a lesson last night?! I was tired and had spent the day charging around getting absolutely nowhere fast! I love those kinds of days when you look up and it's dinner time, bath time, bedtime....(oooh, perhaps some kind of problem there ? Wishing my life away even) and suddenly it WAS dinner time darn it and not even an idea never mind a nutritional and culinary delight awaiting my family...Fish and chips it is then! The boys had already been fed and so I hopped in the car ( did I heck! I actually 'oofed' my way in, got to love a high up mini-van / people carrier and aching limbs) and off I set. Half way there I could see in the perfectly safe distance a relatively young man carrying a baby with a toddler toddling right behind him ( how clever of whoever thought to call toddlers by that name as it's so fitting a term for their little stamping kind of walk) no worries, they were quick and I was so far away I didn't even need to slow down and they were off the road and at the other side.....WHOA though, out of nowhere came a scarey kind of girl ( well woman I suppose, definitely NOT a lady) she thundered across the road with baby bottle in hand and flip flops ( not that the flip flops make an iota of difference to the story but somehow it feels necessary for me to include the fact) slapping....large girl/woman/ not lady and somewhat intimidating......"OY! You just ran out in the f*****g road you DICK!"
I cringed into my fabulously best English self and and ( I really do this you know, I'm so not making it up) in my snootiest English accent though " Oh how blessed am I that my family just doesn't do that...why do people speak to the very ones they profess to love with such disrespect" I thought back just an hour when H had said to Sophie " Soph, please think before you speak to the boys about what you say......I wish you wouldn't call them sexy. they don't need that kind of language" and knew that the minute I got home with Cod and chips and a steaming steak and kidney pie and chips I would kiss his frumpy old poe face and bless him for being so nice. He would smile and when I told him my tale he would bless me for being so completely refined and we would bask in our perfect parenting all evening.
MMMMMM chips smell SO good when you get them from the chip shop, vinegar and paper and lets get home and get on with it.......up the road, round the bend and here I am back at home and oh look, my 2 sweet boys playing in the early evening sunshine, out in the front garden, newly mown and weeded, with splendid baskets and pots all newly filled and planted, just waiting to turn my garden into a cacophony of colour and joy......bless their little faces, so happy just crouching down and .........AND WHAT?!??!?
" WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?! I CANNOT BELIEVE WHAT YOU ARE DOING..... THEY ARE MY FLOWERS...OH OH OH...RIGHT GET IN...MOVE IT. MOVE! ....OH MY POTS! May as well just live in a bloody tip, have the garden like a sodding building site! I KNOW you knew that was naughty! DID YOU? DID YOU? "
Serene smug mood scattered as surely as my beautiful planters......I muttered and stomped and dished the now slightly soggy dinner up and then couldn't eat it because I was so full of humble pie.
Oh well, lesson learned, the girl/ woman/ maybe even a lady I had judged so scathingly might well have had a pig of a day and the relatively young man might well have been the cause of it. Minding my own business and working on my own life, I suppose, might be a good idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home