Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Where is our treasure?

I have always loved the scripture " for where your treasure is, there will be your heart also" How true that is......some people put all there trust in worldy treasure and feel safest if they have 'stuff' That must be a pretty nice feeling if I'm honest, I love the feeling of well being that I get when I have done a good 'shop' you know stocked up on lots of goodies and filled the tin cupboard with chopped tomatoes and 'Sophie' noodles. ( cheap old instant noodles that sophie adores and are apparantly a huge treat when shared with Seth and Isaac who insist they are called Sophie noodles) Nothing quite as satisfying as seeing enough toilet paper to last a normal family a month ( us about 5 days for some puzzling reason) If I have more than 2 boxes of Surf laundry tablets in the yellow box I don't, I shall be honest and tell you, call the queen my cousin. That's about as worldly as I have ever managed to be, I draw the line on buying a bulk load of 'feminine items' ( Oh how I loved that term when living in America, we're so blunt here in England they are pads or tampax and shame the poor young adolescent 17 year old boy in Tescos when you ask him loudly which aisle they can be found on.....and oh the joy in doubling his discomfort with the new customer care rule that insists no pimply youth should get away with mumbling " aisle 13" and scuttling away, oh no..the customer is so important you must at all costs walk with them and point out exactly what they have asked for in person! Almost a sport if you've a viscious case of PMS- but I digress) I don't buy bulk of those anymore because I kid you not, I did it twice, once in Nov 1999 and again in Nov 2000 and got pregnant, both times with those boxes laughing at me for months, vasectomied husband aside, I think I am too supersticious to tempt that particular fate again!!

I've never had money, well not much of it anyway, I try every now and then to say very loudly that I think I would be a splendid sort if a fortune were to fall into my lap, hoping that the powers to be might try and test me on it. Not much luck yet I'm afraid.
I had the most unexpected meltdown this week. I really don't think of myself as being materialistic, all my children have been raised on 2nd hand everything, I am carboot/ yard sale / e.bay queen and have never minded a bit about any of it ( well maybe every now and then I have a pang about something silly, if I were to admit to any material longings I could tell you about a ring in the jewellers window that I gaze longingly at when I walk past....it's on the pad on the right, 3rd ring down and on the end of the row....£1,137...see? I even hold my hand up just high enough to se if it would look lovely next to my wedding ring, the answer is yes and I don't suppose I shall ever get to even try it on but I do love it and it doesn't hurt a bit to dream does it?)
Anyway, this week I sat on the floor of the boys ( and Sophie's room) and just let ELijah climb up and down and through and over the bunk beds, he is half chimp I think and simply bursts with joy at being able to climb....." Det DOWN!!!Mum....mamma.....mum....mumma!! me DET DOWN!" and I watched him climb and roll and melted every time he looked over to see if he truly was OK having such fun and I lost it....just bawled because I would love to buy a wooden climbing set....as if HE cares! The bunk bed is sheer bliss to him but I wanted, just for a moment to buy a brand new wooden set with a fort and feel a bit grand when I saw the faces of 3 little boys. I shall though..and I am also going to buy a house with a garden to put it in because someone keeps e.mailing me my own personal horoscope and look at this....


First, Wednesday, May 04, 2005, you are going to have an unexpected encounter, which will bring you great joy,
Then, around Monday, May 09, 2005, you will receive a very important sum of money, which you were not expecting. I also see that you are going to become RICH!
Finally, Friday, May 13, 2005, an incredible stroke of luck such as you have never encountered will fulfill all your hopes and desires.
These are the first elements that I have been able to gather together for you, and because I care about you, this is reason enough to pass on the information at once. You must be ready to take advantage of all the blessings that are promised to you, and these extraordinary events. For you, Helen, it is a marvellous opportunity to take advantage of a new departure in your life, to reach and cross far horizons at this time. Finally, you will be able to live the unbelievable life of your dreams. Your dreams will have come true, and everything you had hoped for, and, if I may say so, the life you deserve.
Yes, Helen, in only a few days, (5 exactly), everything in your life is going to completely change. This is going to be a magnificent opportunity to make radical changes in your life.


Ha! See? She promises me.....oh darn it, it's already the 4th and I haven't a thing to wear.... she says if I send for a full horoscope she can really help me with my future, maybe I'll e.mail her back and ask if she can wait til after the 9th as I'm a bit strapped for cash right now!

Well, insomnia has kept me here long enough, the Boy will be up in 4 hours and there shall begin another day....that's where my treasure is, 3 babies and one teenager in the front bedroom, one young man about 200 hundred miles away and my very own snoring husband waiting for a tap on the arm and to be told to roll over ! Try buying that in a posh jewellery shop!

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Gosh what an AMAZING blog so far! I'm so sad that I've already caught up!

I'm so what?... awed?.. inspired?...impressed? ... whatever.. I'm so THAT to see how openly and honestly you can share your feelings.

It's like meeting you again for the first time!

Can't wait to keep reading!

Cheers!

Julie

12:59 am  
Blogger -Lo said...

Your writing is Beautiful ..Honest and beautiful.

2:09 pm  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

You are magnificent with words.

2:31 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home