Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Oh tired me.....I have been in hospital with Scaley Seth all night, poor little man, covered in itchy flakey skin, snot so profuse I am almost impressed by it, I thought he had meningitis...the doctors thought it was Kawasaki disease.....how impressive! However after blood tests he has a viral infection and nothing frightening.....home sweet home. Ahhhhhh.
I love the N.H.S. too tired to be too political or elaborate much but the sheer joy of being able to walk in to the doctor and be taken care of, no forms, no worries about bills or co-pays. Great Britain...not called that for nothing I always say! It did pass fleetingly though my mind last night as we were surrounded by pediatricians almost falling over themselves in the excitement and promise of having a rare condition in their midst, feeling that almost paralysing calm that is natures way of preparing you for some horrific news....how in the world do parents cope when they are dealing with this and actually receive the dreaded news that something truly IS wrong with their beloved child and on top of all that have to worry about how much it is going to cost? Thankyou N.H.S..no matter to me if the rooms aren't like hotel suites, my child was cared for, treated and made well and now we're home, it's done, no bills due. Hooray.
My poor mind is a bit weary today, a night spent, fully dressed, on a plastic sheeted 'put you up' in an unfamiliar room with a 4 year old with drip needles in his arm and a tendancy to grind his teeth ( ewwwww) not to mention the pillows in plastic covers that ballooned when I put my head on them (and then just as I got comfy of course the top on shot off the bed altogether!) is not condusive to waxing lyrical I'm afraid, suffice to say that I am blissfully grateful to have a little boy who will be well soon.
Poor little lizard boy with his sandpaper skin and peeling toes, not to mention that crusty red nose and weeping eyes, true beauty for me, a mother, to gaze upon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home