Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Satisfaction.



The allotment is proving such a glorious thing! H spends a lot of time there, pouring time and attention into his plants. It has made a huge difference to him to have something so worthwhile and satisfying to do.
The fruits and vegetables are just beginning to be ready to eat and how delicious it all is!
We still continue to buy only free range, organic meat and continue to be astounded at the difference in taste. There is very little waste these days, the meat we buy and the food being grown and eaten is so much more tasty and the meat especially has so little fat, there is no water added so the joints don't shrink, what you buy and cook is what you get to eat, the bones make great broth so we have soups more too.
H seems well and contented, for so long he has appeared depressed and surly, how lovely to see the change in him and the results of his endeavours!




Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Tired Mom of Six said...

I *LOVE* this.

It is rather wonderful to work hard and have something to share with your family. I love knowing that my hands are helping to feed my family and maybe H feels the same? In any event, it all looks great. :)

1:00 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

That is so great Helen. :)

1:37 pm  
Blogger Lou said...

Helen, its so nice to see your blog again..you can always be depended upon to have a most intertaining blog. ..and the pic`s are always great. Its been a while since I`ve visited but I`ll be sure to come back often..God bless you and yours..

7:59 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home