Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Thursday, October 06, 2005

EYE EYE YIPPEE!!

Seth and I had our tests at the hospital today. his drops have WORKED!! the sight in his eye is only 1 step away from the good eye, they think 2 more weeks of enforced blindness in his left eye will do it! I am SO thrilled! Because the vision is good and the eyes are perfectly straight they are pretty sure that once corrected he will never revert to the poor sight he had. HOW GREAT IS THAT?!
This little boy has had such trouble with his eyes his whole life and at last we are seeing that he will be fine!

As for me, there are no signs of Retinitis pigmentosa...which is great BUT they are sending me to have scans of my brain! YIKES! I asked outright if I should worry and his answer was that he wasn't seeing anything that should make me worry he was being ultra careful in making sure the R.P isn't there. He said that they are going to test how the messages are getting from my eyes to my brain....good luck on that one, I don't think anything is getting to OR from my brain too well , my brain cells are either having a doo whoppy of a party or they've given up the ghost and left the vicinity. I am a complete doughnut in the brain department lately. I shall be more than thrilled if they actually manage to FIND a brain, any activity will be a bonus.
The most glorious and touching moment happened whilst at the hospital though. Seth has had years of eye testing, every appointment has him being held down while "stingy" eye drops are being put in. He hates it, truly hates it and yet is still such a sweet boy and so polite to everyone. He was beyond thrilled that today, as well as him having to go, I was going too and he asked again and again if he could wathc me have the stingy drops.
At first the DR said that I wouldn't be having drops but later when I was sent to the 2nd doctor, the time came. Seth had finished with his appts and so I asked if I could call him in with me, he came in and was so patient, he stood to the side of me while I had a couple more tests and then the Dr came to put in some drops. While the drops were put in I felt a little hand creep into mine , then my hand was squeezed SO tight and a sweet whispering voice said " Oh you are being SO brave!" Be still my heart.....what a gulpingly sweet moment.
I have been in silent admiration of this boy all day today, the dilating drops make your vision SO blurry, make your eyes so weary and sensitive and yet this little man has had them in every other day for weeks and weeks and still gone to school, carried on with all this discomfort and only this weekend, after so long, did he break down and plead for no more drops ( and hid the bottle, little stinker!!) I am so thrilled that the whole exercis has been so successful!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

OMG that's AWESOME news; on both fronts!!
Yay for Seth,and Yay for you!
He's such a trooper - get's it from his mum I suspect.
Does this mean that he won't have the glasses anymore? Pity, I think he's so bloody handsome with the specs, although he'll be just as handsome without, I'm sure.
Prayers for your brain scan - That there will be NO RP found, and that your brain turns up for the event ;)
How sweet is Seth to be reassuring you during your exam - He is the sweetest!

2:15 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

What wonderful news Helen! :) And what a sweetie pie Seth is. He sounds so cute.

I do hope your brain scan goes well. There must be something going on there. You write so very well. :)

11:28 am  
Blogger MamaTink said...

YAY Seth!! I can't believe how far he has come!
And YAY for you! I hope all goes well in the brain scan. I bet it makes for an interesting day if nothing else :) hugs.

I surely woulf have cried out all those stingy drops if one of my boys was so sweet to me like Seth was. Like Jenn said...i suspect he gets it from his Mum :)

~Lisa~

5:47 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

WONDERFUL WONDERFUL WONDERFUL NEWS!!!

SO happy to hear it's helping!

Still sending positive vibes out for you :)

Hugs

Julie

7:04 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home