Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Monday, September 26, 2005

Just gotta love it when....

..........you find a good bargain!

I found great big juicy sirloin steaks for £1 each! If that wasn't good enough, imagine saying to your 18 year old " There are steaks in the fridge...do something with them" and he did, he cooked them in some kind of made from scratch mustard and tomato sauce with sliced and baked new potatoes on top......MMMMMMMMMMM!! Ahhh worth having the kids when they can cook for you without asking what to do, now if only I could get one of them to clean up afterwards I would feel my job is done!

I found some bathroom taps ( faucets) on sale, truly magnificent posh ones, mixer taps, down from £70 to £5 and when we paid discovered that they had an extra 10% off..£4.50! Matching bath and sink ones....for £9 instead of £140!!

Isaac found a motorbike! It's a battery one that doesn't work ( " me no want it move, me no want it make noise, me duss want sit on it") 3 wants for £5...he has washed it, stared at it, sat on it, polished it, shared it and adored it.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Motorbikes are his new passion...

I found white babygro's, 3 for £1....seemed like a bargain, I couldn't wait to bath my baby and put him in one, all clean and sweet looking....awwwwww, within 3 minutes he had shot out into the garden and .....well, picked blackberries and dug up who dares even imagine what....
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This has been a great week for bargains AND IT'S ONLY MONDAY! I feel it in my water that we are in for a good one this week.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

How fun!!! Where did you find such bargains? Can you send me a ticket to fly over there and shop with you?lol j/k
Seriously...yay for you!

-Jes

11:21 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

I'd love my 18 year old to cook dinner. I'm jealous Helen. ;) Enjoy it. I wouldn't mind cleaning the mess up. Not too much anyway. ;)

Yay on the bargains! I too love a good bargain. :)

12:22 am  
Blogger -Lo said...

YAY! Geez what a good bargain hunter you are!!!

1:41 am  
Blogger MamaTink said...

Wow! those are some wicked good bargains!! I'm so jealous! lol.

Aidan is in love with the motorbike!

~Lisa~

1:59 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

There is simply NOTHING better than a good bargain... except maybe a good back scratch... but that's just too close to call!

Hugs

Julie

3:04 pm  
Blogger Mitch said...

Gotta love a good bargain. Our neighborhood yard sale is this weekend. I can't wait! I love yard sales - usually nice bargains as well

5:40 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

Well I've got Bargain-envy now!! You sure got some GREAT deals - enjoy. I love the motorbike!!

10:09 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home