Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Monday, September 19, 2005

If I could share....

Parts of my world with you, I would share;

The scenery around here, we have beaches and moorland and villages, thatched cottages, winding roads with cows wandering to be milked. We have cities for shopping and hustle and bustle and around every turn there is green. Fields, hedgerows, trees...green and peaceful.

I would share fish and chips, in the wrapper, sitting on a bench near the sea, seagulls and holiday makers, fresh air and fun.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I would share my parents, who are the most christlike people I have ever met. Accepting and loving, with such honesty and integrity that the challenge to live likewise is enormous and overwhelming.
A Mother who is so honest that if she is given a ticket for the car park she will say thankyou and then buy her own because she hates to think of cheating the council out of 80 pence.
A woman who has loved her children and asked for nothing but respect and love back.

Parents who decided when they got married that they wanted family treasure, not financial and so fostered 100+ children, adopted a down's baby and had 5 of their own.

I would share my home, with it's noise and it's laughing, mess and chaos.
I'd let you hear Eli say Giwaft instead of Giraffe, I'd let you watch him because he can jump you know.

I'd share with you Jordan's sense of humour but not the smell of his bedroom after a good night out!

I'd share with you Sophie's laugh...man, that's something to hear! She has the loudest old lady laugh you ever heard!

I'd let you listen to me and my sister reading the adverts in the supermarket and laughing like cackling fishwives at the mis-spellings.

I wouldn't share my scars with you, unless we got really silly and had one of those girlie evenings where it all comes out ( girls only though I'm afraid,some things have to be kept within the boundaries!!) If I joined all my scars together ( actually there are only 3, )they measure a huge and scarey 43 inches!! )

We'd watch the great british soaps and eat cadbury's chocolate til we were sick.

We'd walk around Torquay at night and see the lights.

And most of all I would just share the time, I'd bask in friendships and the new experiences and just watch as you saw what I see with new eyes and hope that you would love it the way I do.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

thanks so much for sharing Helen - Your family sounds so fun and warm and caring and will build such awesome memories for your kids.
The only think I know about Torquay I learned from Fawlty Towers... ;)

10:35 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

It sounds lovely Helen. :) I think I'd love the chocolate the most! ;)

11:26 am  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Oh I'd really love that... Definitely need to check those old lotto tickets!

Hugs

Julie

1:31 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the glimpse, Helen! You world is gorgeous!!!

Especially the picture of food.

Mmmmmmmmmmm

Jes

4:29 pm  
Blogger wallswithnodoors said...

wow i can almost taste those fish and chips, my ex-mate goes to Torquay for her holidays, to a holiday camp the place is called Paignton(just got up to read that off my postcard) she brung me sweeties and surfer stuff home last time its deffiently a cool place, and i love the way they talk, the accent is somethin to be proud of, i wanna talk like that, i just have a standard south-west scotland accent i want somethin new, ive went toally of subject anyway, thanks for reminding me i want fish and chips after school on friday!

7:32 pm  
Blogger -Lo said...

I wanna share! That sounds heavenly...simply heavenly.

2:16 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home