Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Friday, September 09, 2005

Batman's day out.

Yesterday, when we got home from school and nursery, there was a package waiting for us...all the way from America, addressed to the 3 little people.
Isn't is amazing how a parcel can bring such excitement into our lives? This one, in particular has brought such sunshine to mine that it is almost impossible to thank the sender enough. The contents? 4 boxes of Kraft Mac n Cheese, a bag of suckers and a Batman mask and gloves.....BATMAN! The absolute object of Isaac's desires. The mask and gloves ( which I have to say make the perfect kind of ' oof ' .. 'Kerpow' noises that make a 4 year old almost giddy with joy) came from Walmart and the likes of which we are unlikely to see here in delightful Devon.
Isaac saw those Batman items and they went on and have yet to come off, completed by his Batman cape and t-shirt he IS Batman.
Today, Batman had a day out. He went to nursery.. " Me show EFFRYONE me be Batman" and he did , he showed everyone, even the ladies at nursery he says he can't see! He couldn't help it , everytime someone said " hey it's BATMAN!" he would squat and make those gloves sound out and he would face the enemy...maybe because he was Batman he was brave enough to do it? Maybe hiding behind the mask he thought they couldn't see him? Who knows and who cares?!?
After nursery we went to the park, with Joe and Matthew and their mummies..and Batman came out, he played and he swung and he even came out from behind the mask and let Matthew and Joe take on the face and hands of batman and while they were Batman Isaac was Isaac and he STILL played and swung and went in the water, he yelled and talked and was just a boy.
So, in our house Batman is THE Super Hero......he saved the day.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
That, my friends is what true charity is, the real meaning of being in the service of your fellow man is to think of someone, perhaps someone thousands of miles away and, when you think of them and maybe imagine that there is something you can do, perhaps something that seems small, if you think it, feel it...DO IT! The smallest of acts can have the greatest of consequences. A walmart mask turned a tiny and normally frightened little boy into a superhero for a day.
What could we do that might turn another's life into a dream, if only for a day? We may not be able to rescue hundreds or thousands of abandoned or needy people, we might not save a life or change the world but every single one of us has the ability to touch a life in some way.
Thankyou Jennifer for making my day so great today. You're a superhero too!

5 Comments:

Blogger -Lo said...

That was so sweet!!!! What a GREAT friend!

9:40 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

That is great! :)

1:04 am  
Blogger MamaTink said...

I bet it was almost too much for your heart to handle seeing him play and interact like that :) What a wonderful gift.

~Lisa~

1:43 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

That was wonderful of Jennifer and fabulous for little man!!!
Oh goodness, did your heart want to just explode w/happiness? :o)

-Jes

3:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, Helen, you made me cry. I'm soooo glad he enjoyed it. Seeing his smile just made my day!

6:25 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home