Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Monday, September 05, 2005

Lead boots and a cheery smile.

I didn't know what to write about today until I got my inspiration from a board I go to ....... I was reading a few posts and was struck by how different people see life in different ways, you know the old half full, half empty deal.
People we meet in life all have such a profound affect on us, some will light up a room with a cheery smile, even when you know that life is as bleak as it can get and others....well, when you have to walk through life with them it feels like they lend you a sturdy pair of lead boots, trudge, trudge, drag, scuff.
It won't be long before I become a shouter at the screen person, my brother and father in law yell at the TV and so, because I find this so hysterical I have installed a 'don't you dare ever do that' programme in my brain.
I am pretty certain I won't be able to stop myself from shouting at the computer though, I do it in my head already, I absolutely laugh at loud ( LOL!! get me, what a computer nerd I don't just type it, I actually DO it! LOL again, in fact I might even ROFL but certainly won't ever ROFPMSL because I have fantastic pelvic floor muscles) but the day is close at hand when I just know I will be completely unable to stop myself from yelling "CHEER UP FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!!" because I sometimes forget that I don't actually know these people, it feels like I know them and whilst I am eternally grateful to the many fabulous and positive people I have come to know on-line ( and wouldn't you know it, I got my husband via the internet, marvellous !) There are ( of course, it is inevitable) going to those who don't open the curtains to let the sun shine in with a cheery " GOOD MORNING GOD" they drag back the drapes and mutter "GOOD GOD, MORNING!"
I have become a bit of a tough nut in my quest for brighter thoughts and more positive feelings, it is marvellously liberating to actually gather the courage to click on the 'end' button and delete the negativity.
I'm not talking about genuine sadness or tragedy etc I am talking about endless woe and the inability to see ANY kind of brightness even on the sunniest day ( oh the sun hurts my eyes! Did I tell you about my prickly heat? Have you seen how much sunscreen costs?My lawn just died in this weather)
I no longer visit places via the WWW that might do nothing but make me worry, I don't spend time with people who can't look at the bright side of things, I don't mean be terminally cheerful, good grief that'd be torture in itself wouldn't it? But if there is no joy to be had in even the good things you're just going to have to find someone else to keep your misery company.
My Nana Collins was so awful she was a delight to be with, some people can be really grumpy and still brighten your day, Nana was one of those.
She was at mum's house one day when I was heavily pregnant with Jordan and I was having some really impressive braxton hicks contractions , they were doozies and were making me "whoooof" at the end, Nana was not one to be outdone or out noticed and every time I "whoofed" she would " oooh my hip"
That afternoon has to go down in history as one of the only days my pelvic floor muscles let me down but I am not ashamed as mother peed herself too, in fact she told me to pretend to have a couple of "whoofers" just to see if Nana would " ooh my hip" louder than I "whoooofed" She won, hands down of course.
We were almost tempted to invite her along for the delivery just to see if she could manage to dislocate her arthritic and waiting to be replaced hip just as Jordan crowned but as luck would have it he came without notice during her favourite soap so we skipped that invite.
Hoorah for cheery smiling people.....even online people whose faces I don't even see, I can tell by reading what you write if you are cheery smilers or this is horrendous but look what good is coming from it kind of people and I will be back to read more.
As for lead boots, I am more of a flip flop or bare feet girl.

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Ah yes.. praise be to bare feet I say...how else can you feel the grass tickling your toes?

Hugs

Julie

4:34 am  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

And a toe ring always helps!!!

3:20 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home