Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Thursday, August 25, 2005

me AM!

" Elijah.....come and sit down.."
"me AM!"
"well, actually you're not but I know you will be soon, hurry!"
"mummy, me AM!"
All day, whatever we say to him he tells us he is or "me AM!" in the most teenage sounding, exasperated voice.
Parrots; it's been said throughout history that little children are like parrots and indeed they are, which is splendid if they are living amongst poets and whispering people.
Mine aren't, they are near teenagers all the time.
Interesting how no-one admits to swearing in this house, I used to, but not anymore, I am too afraid of my parrots letting me down.
Shame the teenage people who don't swear in this house aren't equally afraid of being caught out!
"Futtin' eck"
I beg your pardon Isaac?
"Futtin' eck, me said Futting 'eck, me not said futtin' ell. Me can say futtin 'eck?"
"No Isaac you can't say that and if and when I hear Jordan or Sophie saying it they will be in serious trouble, because they can't say it either. No-one should say that and I do not want to hear you say it again."

Hey let's call Daniel and sing happy birthday, ready? Ok..one .. two...THREE.....
CRAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU......
PARDON?!?
"HA HA HA HA HA I sang Crappy birthday, Jordan sang that on MY birthday it's funny isn't it?!"
*sigh*
Children are also like parrots because idiot people think it's hysterical to teach a parrot to swear and say stupid things....teenagers think it is beyond hysteria to teach cute little people with big eyes and an inabilty to discern the best time and place to perform, to swear and sing rude songs ( oh, actually have to hold my hands up to that one as I thought I was the funniest person alive when I was 5 and would sing "yum yum pigs bum, apple tart and chewing gum" Seth thinks he is super cool too)
There is something almost sweet about a gorgeous little thing saying "futtin 'eck"...just the once, but when that little radar goes on and the glint appears in the enormous brown eyes, because autistic or not he recognises the almost undetectable tremor of fear in his mother's face and stores away the precious knowledge that this is a really, REALLY weighty piece of ammo and you just know that he is going to say it as clear as a bell and even, for the first time, manage to pronounce a CK as a CK and not double T.....and it will be at speech therapy, or in church ( during a prayer of course ) or in gramma's face when she leans down to tell him she loves him.
Oh futtin 'eck...I'll let you know when he lets it rip!

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie Q said...

:) That is my worst fear Helen! My 4 year old going off to preschool saying some of the lovely things my older kids have "taught" him! I've been telling them since he started talking to watch what they say. Oh I just know the teacher will be asking me to step aside to talk to her. ;)

Julie

12:28 am  
Blogger Jenn said...

Aside from not letting the kids see me smirk when something less than desirable and oh so adult escapes their lips, I have to say that we have been most fortunate to have not had a major problem thus far. There is no one older to teach my kids - yet, although having the big boys starting school this year, I imagine they may come home with a few choice goodies.....

Your description of Isaac knowing that he has ammo is dead on accurate - They can so tell by the look in your eye that words are powerful weapons.
I'll be waiting to hear when Isaac suddenly blurts out clear as a bell - likely in a crowded place with lots of judgemental lookie-lou's frowning at you...something for you to look forward to, no? ;)

1:09 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Oh I hear ya... the other day Sarah mid tantrum announced "I have no friggen bloody fun toys to play with!"... sad thing is there isn't a teenager for miles *blush*

Hugs

Julie

4:55 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home