Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Friday, August 19, 2005

Pink shirt!!

Oh what a day, can you believe that I STILL have the headache from hell? I am rattling with the useless and ineffective drugs I have taken and felt just about as low and miserable as could be today.
Until the doorbell rang about 3pm. It was Ben, Jordan's friend, he's been absent lately and so we were thrilled to see him, 3 little boys running to the door and welcoming him, as the excitement died down a bit, we heard the belly laugh from Isaac, he has the most delicious and irresistable laugh and he was going at it. It seemed the whole house stood still and looked at him as his face ws stretched and his mouth was just split wide with mirth.
The cause of his joy? " Ha! Ben! PINK SHIRT!" This of course had Jordan and Sophie joining in " yeah, Ben, nice pink shirt...what are you trying to say?"
" Huh! I am more of a man for being able to wear a pink shirt thankyou" ( and it was a particularly good and trendy pink shirt, I'm not entirely sure where Isaac's sexist little thought came from!)
" Ben! Pink SHIRT!" guffaw, chuckle, point splutter.
"Isaac, I am a tough man and I wear pink shirts"
Even through my sledgehammering, hot poker through the brain type pain, I was able to soak up and delight in a light hearted and fun filled exchange between these little boys and almost grown men ( well in theory, at 18 they are grown men but I watched them playing swingball like 6 year olds so I'm not entirely convinced ) I love it that these little people are so accepted and loved and included by teenagers who we are told don't have time for anyone but themselves, they are so adored and are endlessly introduced to friends, work colleagues, neighbours. To see my little boys walking down the street with my grown sons is like balm to my soul, to sit back and just listen to the conversations they have is sheer joy to me.
Thanks Ben...nice pink shirt!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Heh - That must have been so funny to listen to Isaac guffaw over a pink shirt. Honestly, the conversations we are allowed to overhear sometimes make me want to bust out with laughter.
Pink shirt - hahahahaha!!
Duncan loves pink, but sadly, doesn't own any pink clothes....

9:19 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Too cute Helen. I myself today had to stop and listen to my four. The older three were playing Chutes and Ladders with my 4 year old. It was adorable. :)

Julie

1:07 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh you made me snort my juice out of my nose!
lol
Too precious.
Helen, I hope & Pray that your evil headache will vanish while you sleep.
-J

6:52 am  
Blogger -Lo said...

LOL i love it!

3:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home