Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

NO!!! I made that!

Of all the things to get my knickers in a twist about I have discovered that it's the littler things that drive me crazy! Like my kids getting things pierced and tattooed.
Sophie has been yicketty jackerting about getting her nose pierced for months
" nope. "
"why?"
" because I'm not paying for it and you won't get a job, also because you have a pretty face that took me 9 months to make and I hate the thought of you looking like a hard faced mare with a stud in her nose"
Hoorah for idleness, I thought, too lazy to get a job so she'll have to be satisfied with the 2 holes God gave her in her nose for a while....wrong, she has let her even harder faced friend pierce her nose in her smokey old front room while one eye was on MTV I expect !
I'm not even asking HOW she pierced it or what she used to pierce it, in fact, I have very determindley not even looked at it because the very thought makes me so bloody furious I could vomit. I don't have a friend in the world I would let near my face with a needle, is she more mad than I think she is? Or does she have better friends than me?
Common sense tells me that in actual fact this is such a small and insignificant detail in her life that it hardly deserves more than a snort of derision but common sense doesn't always figure does it? nature takes over so this newest little " I'll show her and do what I like" trick is eating away at my brain and twisting my guts. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!! I'm fantastically fantastic though because I look like a calm and laid back mother on the outside, bored, oh so bored my teenage rebelliousness, bring it on.
Dan pierced too many parts of his body to mention ( although everyone of them has now been removed as he said he woke up one morning and felt a bit stupid for having done it!) and he has ( I think) 2 tattoos, Jordan has a tattoo across his belly...his beloved football team ( of all things!)
I took 27 months to make those bodies, I did a particularly good job of it. I have spent years gazing at the absolute perfection and beauty of their bodies and faces , I will admit to having been shamelessly vain about how gorgeous they are and it makes me madder than a bloody hornet that they keep sticking holes in themselves and getting themselves eternally coloured in.
It is like a chef spending hours and hours making a meal of such divine perfection and then having to watch while his creation is smothered in ketchup.
Ungrateful sods.

5 Comments:

Blogger -Lo said...

Oh sweetie!!!What a wonderful way to put it (With the ketchup) I admit I have my nose pierced and I love it, course I waited until I was twenty seven before I had the balls to do it.
That daughter of yours has some to spare it seems.....((HUGS))

2:40 am  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

LOL.. that's right up there with the "I brought you into this world and I can take you out!" ;)

I had a pierced eyebrow and have 2 tattoos.. I'm no help sorry ;)

Hugs

Julie

3:36 am  
Blogger crallspace said...

I'm sorry.. I can't strain my eyes to read this. With the color of the words and the brown background, it's next to impossible.

6:32 am  
Blogger Jenn said...

OMG Helen, you had me laughing tonight - and I sincerely needed to. It's nearly 3am and my beloved unpierced boys are finally asleep. If they so much as think of putting holes in their heads, or anywhere else where there wasn't a hole before, I don't know what I'll do. You are a source of strength for me. Chin up! There's only so many things that they can do out of rebelliousness before they realize the sheer stupidity of it all.....

6:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I PICKED MY DAUGHTER UP FROM SCHOOL LAST WEEK FOR A SURPRISE AND SHE HAD A TONGUE STUD IN AND HAD HER TONGUE PIERCED WITHOUT ME KNOWING, SHE IS 13, SO SHE MUST HAVE LIED TO GET IT DONE AND THEN HIDDEN IT FROM ME AT HOME.

1:39 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home