Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Friday, August 26, 2005

Oh we are so proud!

Sophie's exam results are here. Hoorah! The culmination of all her years of education, in black and white for all to see. Shall I share ? Shall I?

OK.....ahem.....

Leisure and tourism; G ..there, off to a great start, did you know it is possible to get lower than an F? F for fail, meaning nothing lady, you screwed up and did nothing right? Yep, we have a G for leisure and tourism, the subject where you have fun and stuff and learn about leisure, she knows about leisure, its 11 am and she is still sleeping, how did she not get an A in leisure? Puzzling but not as puzzling as what the G stands for..what could it mean G for guffaw? How funny is that you can get lower than an F? or G for Good Grief how hard did you work and not working in order to get a G ?

Religious studies. F. not suprising really and somehow I am unable to joke about it. Perhaps I should pray.

English. ( "Mum, what's a noun?" gave me some preparation for this not being a good result) E...WHOOHOO! Not a fail. a result, of sorts. Way to go Sophie!! WHOOHOO!

Science. E. Another not fail....where shall we go for dinner?

Mathematics. E. Ahhh she is my child, from my loins she sprung and here we have the evidence, she is crap at maths.....come to mummy my child and let me bond with you. I hold you not responsible for being crap at maths, nasty Maths, it is all my fault but don't worry my child, as long as you can count change for when you begin your career in Mac Donalds you won't ever need it.

There must be something out there for Sophie to do though because having just spoken to my mum I learn just how the nose was pierced. With a safety pin ..yes, A SAFETY PIN! It's OK though because Emma sterilised the safety pin first in the flame of her lighter. ( ohhhhoooooohooooo, I was actually being funny when I said it was probably done in a smokey room with MTV on, many a true word said in jest it seems!)No need to deaden the nose, just get that safety pin and push really slowly and then JAB it! She's a tough 'un that's for sure.
The thing of which I AM proud is this..she read her results and was totally calm and then ( forgive me if I can't remember what the exact words were) she told me how actually the E's were pretty good because.....I don't remember what the because was as I was just so fuzzily and gloriously proud of the way my child can see the good in a truly horrendous situation, she will, I suspect, go far. God love her, she is one of a kind!

4 Comments:

Blogger -Lo said...

Oh my. I always love reading about Sophie. I expect that Emma will be alot like her when she's older.

((HUGS)) On the grades...I have no idea what a G is...like a D here?

1:05 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

Our report cards in elementary school were either E for excellent, G for Good, S for Satisfactory, and F for fail.
By those standards, looks like she has a fantastic report..... ;)
But you are so proud, I know. As long as she passes - most places of employment don't ask what your grades were, unless you are planning on pre-med or law or something that quite frankly, I don't think Sophie is interested in.
She may surprise you yet Helen, it is quite a talent to just get by by the skin of your teeth - it's a fine line and she's mastered how to do just the minimum. Imagine what she can do when she really WANTS to.

1:22 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Oh dear... well if it makes you feel any better my parents only have grade 9 and grade 10 educations and are millionaires...sometimes street smarts are better than book smarts.

Hugs

Julie

4:57 am  
Blogger Drea said...

Oh dear Helen, are you sure the letters aren't G= good, E= excellent, F=fail? Hey anyone can HOPE right? God love Sophie, her spirit is in the right place at least! :)

3:20 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home