Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Saturdays.

What is it about saturdays? Am I the only person in the world that feels she is at home shrivelling with tedious tedium while the rest of the world is out doing....what?!? Its as if the world comes to a stand still on Saturdays. No-one updates their blogs, message boards are cyber ghost towns and as for T.V, even the people who decide the programmes have it in their heads that no-one is going to be home so let's just fill every channels with crappety crap crap and leave the country!
Did I miss something in my 43 years on this planet? How do I not know the secret to fun saturdays? We do go out and we do try to fill our weekends with fun and activity bit ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh how long do saturdays last, I think that this one day a week has at least 48 hours in it.
57 minutes and this one will be over...hooray.

At least the boys found something to do today that had them convulsed for hours....maybe I'll have to try it if things don't pick up soon!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

11 Comments:

Blogger Caryn said...

Mine's updated!! :) I know what you mean, though. It seems Saturday hits and there is no one to be found. Who do people think they are to have LIVES on the weekend? Can't they all be losers like me and stay home?? :)

10:25 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

uNow THAT is entertainment :D

ROFLMAO!!!

Hugs

Julie

2:42 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Humm, it doesn't take a high IQ to figure out why most of the world has things to do on the weekend. Maybe if you were not home 24 hours a day, 7 days a week then the weekend would mean more to you.

Trace

6:12 pm  
Blogger The other me said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:19 pm  
Blogger The other me said...

Trace..or.....it could be that I get SIX fun days and am just bored out of my I.Q deprived mind one day a week...oooooh imagine! But thankyou So much for taking time out on your fun filled weekend to leave me such a heartwarming message!

8:21 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Yeah.. if you weren't home 24 hours a day 7 days a week you could spend the whole day "off" you had cleaning and doing laundry and fetching groceries and oh yeah.. yelling at your kids because you're so freaking stressed about having to accomplish a week's worth of housework in two bloody days you're supposed to be resting and creating quality family time in... oh now doesn't THAT sound lovely???

Piss off Trace...

Julie (another stay at home mom who must sit on her fat duff all day eating bonsbons just because she doesn't have a job)

10:03 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Especially since school started this year, I feel like I need to be running on the weekend. I too am a stay at home Mom. I honestly don't know how I could work. Then on the weekend, I feel like I need to go go go! And I have no place that have to go! :)

Great photo of the boys Helen. ;)

12:03 am  
Blogger MamaTink said...

The real truth is that we don't want our husbands to know how much time we spend getting to know our online friends LOL

~Lisa~

1:13 am  
Blogger -Lo said...

HEEEEEEE HEHEHE! Tjose boys are precious!
For me Chris mostly takes over the kids on teh weekends and most of Saturday I was reading a trashy romance novels...my very favorite!

**Fuck off Trace, nor does it take a high IQ to figure out that your a bitch...

12:44 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

OMG Helen - are you reading my mind!!!???
Here I am sitting around on Monday - DH is off work today, and what are we doing? NOTHING.
I did update my blog for you - complete with pictures.
saturdays are basically just like any other day, except there's crap on TV and stores close earlier.
I guess we don't know how to have that mysterious weekend fun that everyone else seems to have either....
Your boys are adorable as ever - Love the fingers up the nose - reminds me so much of my own little widgets!
Trace can go suck a fart - I think -Lo said it best anyway.

5:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helen, I usually read your blog regularly, but havent been online much and when i do, i check my mail and get back off...we are back to dial up now. Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that I find you an inspiration, I love your blog, and I don't care how you live your life....its not my business..nor is it Trace's. Too bad that some ppl have nothing better to do than sit around and bitch about other ppl. Honestly, Helen, I think Trace could learn a lot from you...how to be compassionate, how to forgive, how to be kind....and so much more. Don't let her get to you!!! I think you're awesome!!!!!

5:27 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home