Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Friday, September 16, 2005

I have some friends...isn't that great? Real life ones !
Thankyou my Isaac, in waiting outside nursery with you I have been chatting with some of the great mums who pretend they don't notice you hiding and they have invited you to parties and every day they say hello and smile and don't mind when you hide behind my big bum or your lellow ba.
We have progressed from chatting outside school and we have met at the park, where you shared your Batman mask and gloves ( still being worn all day every day thankyou again Jennifer!) and today we met at Jordan's work and had lunch while you and Matthew, Rhys and Joe made yourselves drip with sweat and ran and climbed in the play area. You didn't sit with the big boys to eat lunch but you watched them and noticed when they finished and went right back to run and climb and sweat again. I even heard you talk directlt too them twice, good boy!
It is a breath of fresh air to sit and talk with women, to laugh and pretend to be shocked when Heidi tells us how she got jiggy with her man behind B&Q on the way home from a date.....it was the excitement of actually going out on date and leaving the children with a babysitter that reminded them of how things used to be in the days 'before' ..the days before babysitters were needed, that went to their heads ( or not, if we're honest, it was the beer that went to their heads, the thrill went somewhere else entirely) Some nostalgic sighs from some of us and a quiet giggle from me as I thought about how if I behaved with H as I behaved in my youth we would get giddy with the idea of standing arms length apart and talking about pop songs!
Blimey I wasted a lot of my younger days! Not quite the same if I think of being riske now...him with his bald head and me with my post 6 babies belly, both of us with aching limbs, I suspect if anyone were to come across us in the throws of passion down a back alley they wouldn't hesitate to call for an ambulance thinking we were being taken poorly, a couple of grunting old farts who shouldn't be out after dark!
It was just so great to be out with the girls and the little boys having fun. H was at a UKIP committee ( did I spell that right Jenn?...oh tsk, I forgot, no point asking you) meeting.
We used my sister card for the cash and carry today and it was just like being back in the states, the C&C was on an industrial estate and so there were tons of big business buildings and walking through the doors was like going to Sam's club, even smelled the same. I found ( of all things) Bisquik pancake mix!!! WHOOHOO! the real stuff so we'll have pancakes for breakfast tomorrow. Funny how you can't get that in the regular shops, I've never seen it!
I think H enjoyed walking 'round and thinking of home. We both enjoyed having something to talk about!
Little things mean so much, today was a great day.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Making friends is great, I'm really trying. I've had someone over once now to help with the rummage sale. And I am going out on a wing and hosting a dinner on Monday night for my volunteer.

Pancakes...made my laugh.....I make them almost daily...have you ever tried Krustz pancake mix...it is so good!

1:12 am  
Blogger Jenn said...

Little things DO mean a lot. How lovely that you got to have such a nice little social chit chat with other girls.
I think I scared the other mums when I went to pick D up from school and had the other kids in tow.....all the other mums were alone and looked at me almost in pity....I won't have that. Enjoy your pancakes - nice little special treat, and yes "committee" certainly LOOKED right to me....

3:32 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Sounds like a wonderful day Helen. :) I'm hoping to meet some Mom's though Zachary's preschool myself.

Enjoy your pancakes. We like the Bisquick ones as well.

1:37 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

YAY YAY YAY!!!

So happy for you!!!!

Hugs

Julie

12:56 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home