Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Sometimes....

The ideas for an interesting entry just won't come at all!
I thought of telling you how I hate it if the butter melts on my toast so I always let it get cool before I spread it.
I could tell you that I need to feel air on my face in order to relax, so I always drive with the window open and sleep with a fan on my face, even in winter.
I have to have 100% cotton pillowcases and they have to be ironed beautifully.
I wish I had called Sophie, Scarlett. I LOVE that name.
But none of that is very interesting ..so that's it for today, here's hoping inspiration comes to me for tomorrow!

5 Comments:

Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Maybe I'm weird ... but it was interesting to me :D I love melted butter and have to spread the peanut butter on top before it cools so that it melts too, I wish I could have named one of my girls Genevieve and the other Victoria but Gunther vetoed a G name and the initials V.D. just don't seem fair to a little girl. I have to sleep with one of my legs bent (fan or no fan doesn't bother me) and oh yeah.. I love to learn about the day to day of other people's lives :D

Hugs

Julie

10:23 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

yeah, I liked that entry too.
I also like my butter melted (unmelted is so decidedly British!) It has to melt, so my cinnamon sugar melts as well.....
I wish I had been able to name one of my kids Simon, but unfair to my dh since that was the name of one of my old boyfriends...
I don't need a fan, but I do need covers so the boogyman doesn't nibble my toes, and I sleep on my stomach - just like all of my kids.
Oh, and I have a stumbling block when it comes to spelling 'cinnamon' - I have to ask my husband EVERYY time, and I always manage to get it wrong. It's not that hard - but it just throws me. That bugs me.

11:27 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

I enjoyed it too Helen. I like my butter not melted on bread and rolls too. :) Toast yes. And I love a fan on. I only leave it off if I'm truly freezing! And I wanted to name Zachary Michael after my brother and my husband didn't like it. I could have pushed it, but, I wanted a name we both loved. :)

12:16 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hmm...I'm in agreement. That was an interesting post. I enjoyed it, too :)

Me? I like my butter melted, and like Julie, I like my peanut butter melted too. I hate sleeping with a fan on me, I always get sick from that. But, I have to have an arm above my head and be laying w/one leg draped over Bill's legs in order fall asleep.
I was lucky and got to name the kids the names I had dreamed of (well, Billy is a Jr, and I really had NO problem with his name). However, if we should EVER have anymore (our own, or adopt) I want a girl named Virtue Ann, and another named Janae Alisabeth (that would be pronounced Juh-nay Uh-liss-uh-beth).
I love love love Julie's names that she wanted to name her girls. I love classic names.
One more tidbit about me:
I RARELY wear my hair down. I hate when it gets in my face. So It's always pulled back one way, or another. :)

2:39 pm  
Blogger MamaTink said...

Really? Unmelted butter? ewwww LOL Must be a 'this side of the ocean' thing to have melted butter and peanut butter too! YUM!

I must always have some sort of cover on my when I am sleeping...even if it's just the sheet over my bum LOL

I think Sophie is a Great name...But Scarlett certainly would have suited her wouldn't it :)

Great Post Helen.

~Lisa~

4:59 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home