Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Friday, April 10, 2009

You couldn't make this stuff up!

Sometimes, things happen in life that just prove that the Lord has a great sense of humour. Last night, right after I blogged and wrote...

"I will live for sundays because I will get to go to church and see all the young people who will ignore me or do that patronising patting thing"

I closed my laptop, lay down on the sofa in my PJs, hair scraped back, I was comfy and about to enjoy my peaceful time, when everyone is asleep and I am alone....the door opened and Sophie and her friend Rachael came in, they had been for a drink ( or in Rachael's case about 37 large ones!) and Sophie left to get changed because they decided they wanted to go on to a club. As Sophie left the room, Rachael crouched down beside me, she took my hands in hers and began to PAT ME! She looked at me with such drunken concern and said " Are you OK? Are you? How are you? It will be fine you know, you'll be fine, it's all OK"
"Oh thank you Rachel, I AM fine, how right you are!"
Pat, pat, stroke of hands, pat pat.
" It's OK, everything is fine and I am so happy Sophie is my friend again" ( they fell out when Sophie was using drugs, pretty much all of her good friends retreated when she was hurting herself because they had no idea WHAT to do...they are all coming back now and she is renewing all those true friendships that she should never have lost.)
She went on ( patting my hands the whole time) to tell me how Sophie is concerned about her weight gain but really she looks so HEALTHY and WELL and isn't that GREAT and Oh it's all going to be so OK!

When I envisioned young people patting my hands and telling me life is good, I sort of thought I maybe had 10 years or even 20 before it happened, less than 30 minutes has to be some kind of record doesn't it?
Heh....I love a good moment.

It was fun having Sophie call Rachel this evening to have a chat with her, she could indeed remember chatting with me but couldn't quite believe just how caring and IN MY FACE she had been, bless her heart!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

oh that's so sweet LOL I hope her breath wasn't too horrid ;)

2:41 pm  
Blogger Tired Mom of Six said...

FUNNY stuff! I'm still giggling! It is amazing what alcohol can do for someone. ;)

4:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) That is funny :)

9:43 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home