Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

you gotta have a laugh.....

Oh my, sometimes I just have to have fun at my childrens' expence! We keep coming home to the dreaded note left by the postman saying they tried to deliver a parcel but found no-one home...ARGH! How is that teenagers can be woken by a cell phone on silent but can sleep through 3 little boys doing an impression of a herd of marauding elephants, me yelling at them to wake up, show any sign of life because the smell is making me nervous and even a twitch or grunt would let me know that they aren't rotting in their own breath fumes, and definately never, ever do they wake to the trilling of the postman ( who I'm told always rings twice).
I woke ( well not woke, but managed to get an ''uh'' from Sophie and a "yeah" from Jordan) before going out on the school run, pick gramma up from work run, go to town and fix the glasses Eli broke so Seth can see run with H this morning and just knew that before I had even finished the " we're expecting packages" sentence, they were back in the land of not a thing to worry about teenagedom slumber, so, I wrote the postman a note........
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

and it worked....3 parcels waiting, hoorah!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

OMG That's hilarious!! Helen you have such wit!

10:26 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Ha ha on waking up the teenagers! My oldest (who is really good, normally) has the hardest time getting up in the morning! So, I can so relate Helen. I love the note, the parcel person must have gotten a chuckle out of that. ;)

1:22 am  
Blogger MamaTink said...

LMAO! Helen, you are pure GENIUS!!

~Lisa~

1:45 am  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

he he he... I love it!!!

Hugs

Julie

3:14 pm  
Blogger -Lo said...

Ahhhhhhhhahahahhaha Thats HILARIOUS!!!!! I bet the postman thought so too!

2:02 pm  
Blogger Mitch said...

Great idea. I'm sure the postal worker got a good laugh as well.

2:05 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home