Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Still holding his hand....

Mum holding dad's hand after 48 years....














Helen holding dad's hand.
















Julie, holding dad's hand














Leah holding dad's hand .














This is, quite truthfully, the most incredible, painful, beautiful, humbling, exhausting and exquisite experience of my life. I am honoured to be spending this time with my dad. My testimony of the existance of a living God and His son, Jesus Christ is so strengthened I am ( for now) at a loss as how to describe it.
I am home to put my boys to bed, to love my husband and gather some strength for the next stage.
Thankyou for your words and sincere comfort and support. It is giving me the strength to give it back to those around me who need it too.

8 Comments:

Blogger lady's mom said...

wow, i really pray that this time you have will be blessed and pure and a wonderful time to make your memories. it's so hard to know how to respond, but treasure this time. hold it like a precious jewel that will always be part of you. i pray for peace in you and your family, comfort and understanding. for your dad to be at peace. the lord can and will use this. but right now there are no words. peace to you and your family, love from your larger family all over.

Psa 37:11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

9:10 pm  
Blogger MamaTink said...

What beautiful pictures Helen. Simply Beautiful, you described his hands perfectly.

May peace be with you and your family.

Love,

~Lisa~

9:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May your family find peace in this time of great sorrow.


Death this year has taken men
Whose kind we shall not see again.
Pride and skill and friendliness,
. . . wisdom and delight,
Are shining still, but shining less,
And clouded to the common sight.
Time will show them clear again.
Time will give us other men
With names to write in burning gold
When they are great and we are old,
But these were royal-hearted, rare
Memory keeps with loving care
Deeds they did and tales they told.
But living men are hard to spare.

— John Holmes

10:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful and an amazing story in just film. My thoughts are with you!
GretchenBZ

12:27 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Very touching photos Helen. Thank you for sharing them. They are truly something to treasure.

You and your family are always in my thoughts.

Take care.

1:03 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Absolutely Amazing pictures! May you continue to find comfort and peace in the many memories you have.

~Hugs~

2:22 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Those photos are stunningly beautiful. Thank you for sharing them.

9:12 pm  
Blogger Lisa said...

Wow. Breathtakingly beautiful pictures.

My heart and prayers are with you and the family.

4:48 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home