Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The heat...the HEAT!

No pleasing some people, today I found myself wishing the weather wpoould break. ME! Wishing it would STOP being sunny. It's the humidity that kills me. Sooooooo grumpy when every movement makes me drip and sweat and huff and puff. Have you ever tried looking dignified when your hair is plasered to your head and you can feel the sweat beads sliding their way out of your scalp?

I really would love for it to be like this when grandpa and Kara come to stay, so a week or two of cooler weather and then back to summer for the 16th would be great.
there is so much to do here in Devon when the weather is beautiful.

Tomorrow my baby is 3. How did time past so quickly but was there ever a time when he wasn't such a huge part of my heart? He is growing so quickly and everyday he shows more of Seth's traits. He has the same quick mind and funny mouth. He is still so much my baby but his personality is developing at a rate that leaves me breathless. He was always so longed for, I somehow believe that he knows that and that's what makes him so sure that he is adored, and he is, wherever we go he draws people to him and he dishes out his gloriousness without reservation. What a joy to be his mummy.

I've missed my dad a lot today, and yesterday, he always woke me up on my birthday, calling to sing Happy Birthday.....the phone was ominously quiet yesterday. I still feel such disbelief about his death. I wonder how long that lasts? I've seen a
plethora of older men who walk like him , a foot splayed kind of walk with hands behind his back....its sometimes nice to see someone walking like that, sometimes it hurts. My lovely dad. Lucky me for having so many lovely memories of him.

4 Comments:

Blogger LosingSanity said...

I can totally relate to the heat and humidity. We have it here right now, too. And yep, i am out and about with hair plastered to my head and beads of sweat trickling from my scalp, down my face, etc. It is horrible.

Im sorry there was no ringing phone for you on the morning of your bday. Im sure this first one was hard...but I think they will get easier. My aunt has been gone for a year and half and I still can't believe it sometimes. It just doesn't seem real at times. ~Big Hugs~

4:40 am  
Blogger mom of 2 said...

It's been miserably hot here, too, and I'm also trying to figure out how to look dignified with my hair plastered to my head! LOL

Sorry to hear about your dad, but memories are a wonderful thing!

8:40 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

((((hugs)))) for not having dad call on your B-day! I'm glad you have such wonderful memories to draw on.
How did your baby get to be 3???? Happy Birthday Elijah! 3 yrs old and twice as mischievous as 2 I'll wager!

jenn

9:32 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Happy 3rd Birthday to Elijah!! :) The years go by unbelievably fast don't they?

Ken and I still miss his Grandparents. They've been gone for years now.

3:32 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home