Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Saturday, November 04, 2006

More evidence that, a hobby, might be a good idea.

It was acupuncture day today, 10 days since I last went and I was a bit, what's the word, apprehensive, still, brave me, in I went. No waiting, straight into my room, stripped off, waited for doctor mean hands to come in. Needles in and he walked away with me thinking ( loudly)
"hey! HEY! Come back here MR! Where's the head needles, I ALWAYS have head needles and neck needles, where are they? I might need them....you better not be short changing me matey because I just paid £35 and I want my money's worth."
Apparantly, my mouth has more sense than my head because it stayed shut, until it went and told him that my back has been kind of stiff this week. Stupid mouth, you know what that means at massage time don't you? Oh it did indeed.
Actually, my legs hurt like the very devil on a roll, real sort of whimpeing please stop and soon, thankyou type of hurt.
But the neck and back...now that, that is what we pay for. It did hurt but in a good way. In that "ahhhhhh see? SEE? that's what we're talking about, give it some welly and get the knots out why don't you" kind of way.
I am really going to do that to H later, I literally felt every ounce of tension roll away, with my knickers, that really, honestly and truthfully sort of shot right off my bum AND I DIDN'T CARE!!! I felt them hightail it to safety and couldn't have given a monkeys nipple where they went or if they would ever come back, because that back thing he did? Bloody marvellous.
I almost felt a smidgen of coyness when he was doing a bizarre action in the small of my back that had the fat on the rest of my body doing the hokey cokey at an alarming rate but, well......it's not lik eI want him to fancy me or anything is it? And it just felt so darned good.
Anyway the oil, which is a mix of Camphor, menthol, TURPENTINE and methyl sulicylate, if you please, well imagine the smell, healthy and eyewateringly strong, especially when it is being slathered on and rubbed into your neck, shoulders, back and legs. Phew, sniff, ahhh cleared that nasal stuffiness as well as everything else, what value for money.
so, all done and feeling therapied for another 10 days, I set of for home and thought that maybe I would pop into that little shop opposite, won't hurt, probably won't even be noticeable to anyone else because it's just me that can smell it. Isn't it?
Ho hum . find just what I am looking for and walk through a liitle group of people consising of 2 ladies and an older man. Squeeze through, about to get to the till and
" HELL! You STINK!"
Not all English people are reserved it would seem.
I love people like that because you know where you are with them.....the ladies sort of looked at me and him and each other and were a bit gobsmacked because well, he was right but really, must he be so bold? It was only when I laughed and said
" Don't I ? I just came out of the chinese shop where I bought an hour of pain and the opportunity to clear the sinuses of this whole town" that they relaxed and agreed that I did stink but in a healthy, wintery sort of way. Hoorah.
I am going to have a shower because its a beautiful day and I want to make a curried bacon and cabbage pilaf for dinner that I found HERE and being told I stink once today is probably enough.

4 Comments:

Blogger mom of 2 said...

Sounds awful in a good sort of way! As Mr. Happy would say "hurts so good"!

3:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, I like the new layout! I'd become accustomed to the Halloween look. Your family room looks absolutely lovely! Care to share your decorating savvy? We've been here 7 months now and, new furniture and all, have yet to do anything with the front room.

A massage from your Chinese man sounds fabulous right now. I had some complications with my spinal anesthesia when I had Will, and nearly 8 weeks later am still in pain. I'd even try acupuncture! And though I am ultra sensitive to smells, if it felt better, I wouldn't mind at all!

Rachel

1:15 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

A massage sounds so nice, but not the needles! I do feel so bad for your leg pain Helen. I have arthritis in my right hip and some days, it hurts all the way down to my toes. But it isn't everyday. It must be so hard to live with every day.

Take care.

5:07 am  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Oh WOW LOL I am just really enjoying the image of your knickers going flying!!! Glad to hear it was a good stink ;)

Hugs

Julie

3:27 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home