Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Friday, December 08, 2006

No room at the Inn, Part 2.( and the tag thingy)

5 of them were here last night
they laughed til half past 3,
They sort of shut their noisy mouths
When faced with grumpy me.

I came downstairs in PJs
My hair in dis-array,
"ITS HALF PAST 3!!" I yelled at them,
And then I heard one say..

"Sorry Mrs Jordan!"
With sheepish sort of grin
And then I sort of laughed with them
And let them all stay in.

I know I say I hate them
But really that's not true.
I'll tell a little secret
Between just me and you.

I really sort of love it
When my house is full of noise,
I love to see my sitting room
Just full of great big boys.


I do you know...sometimes the noise bugs me but the knowledge that these big people feel happy here, that they feel welcome and safe is a huge deal.
When I wake up and find bodies sleeping all over the place it's fine, I know where they are, I know they are safe.
Life sucks sometimes and adulthood comes all too quickly. Jordan has worked 72 hours this week ( so far) Sophie has worked 4 full days and been to college. They have responsibilities enough, I like it that they can sped their money on ridiculously priced clothes and nonsense. I love it that they bring their friends here.
I especially love it when I come down to tell them to shut the flippin' hell up and they call me Mrs Jordan or Sophie's mum.
I know that I can ask anything of these people and they would do it for me. They have fitted car radios in grandma's car, helped move house, they move furniture and babysit....and all with a smile ( usually) they know that if they sleep here they owe me, I can tell them to do dishes and they get spoken to as if they are mine. They don't get sweetness and light if they don't deserve it.
Kylie is here today, she was still up at 4am and now she is an hour and a half late for work, she tried to tell me that she is ill because she works so hard....stuff and nonsense, she feels ill because she stayed up laughing til after 4 and was meant to be at work for 8am she has been sent to work with a flea in her ear because if you are here, well you don't get away with pratting about. She loves it here, she is here more than she is anywhere else. She knows where she stands.
There are 3 lanky gits asleep in Jordan's room .....it doesn't smell too good in there ewwwwww.
H takes it all in his stride, he came in with some jackets for the boys to go to school and said " these are all I can find, there's a person asleep in the spare room again...don't know who it is" He's polite and creeps about, not me, I go right in and see who it is. If they crash somewhere they have to accept that we still do what we need to do even if that means stepping over them and turning on lights when they have only been asleep 3 hours.
It makes my soul sing to see that they all know how it is, and they still all come here. they are polite and sweet and funny. Really funny. My kids have friends who make me howl with laughter ...how cool is that??

Julie Bo tagged me...

A - Available or single: Taken for all eternity hoorah.!
B - Best Friend: my mum.
C - Cake or Pie: As if we ever have to choose!
D - Drink of choice: Diet Coke with vanilla that they stopped seling, meaners.
E - Essential Item you use everyday: tweasers....what IS this hair all about??
F-Favorite color: Green
G - Gummy Bears or worms: Please don't make me eat kids sweets, give me chocolate.
H - Hometown: Can't tt
ell you because it is a quaint little Devonshire town and the freaky people could find me.
I - Indulgence: the odd afternoon nap, bliss.
J - January or February. January, Feb is the most miserable month God created.
K - Kids & Names: Daniel Carl William, Jordan Thomas Edward, Sophie Alexandra Jean. Seth Ammon, Isaac Nathaniel, Elijah Henry.
L - Life is Incomplete Without? My lif eis complete, can't think of a single darn thing that is missing. Marvellous.
M - Marriage Date: N0v 29 .( and Dec 1st!!)
N - Number of Siblings: 1 brother and 4 sisters,
O - Oranges or Apples: Both, thankyou.
P - Phobias or Fears: Being outside in the dark.
Q - Fave Quote: Be careful to entertain starngers for thereby many have entertained angels unawares. The bible.
R - Reason to Smile: too numerous to mention.
S - Season: Autumn but honestly...it is SO winter, blowy as all get out.
T - Tag 3 or 4 people: anyone who want to do it.
Unknown Fact about Me: I have a spooky feeling that you know it all.
V- Vegetable You Don't Like: spinach unless it is a curry.
W - Worst Habit: burping like an uncouth man.
X - Xrays: not for a very long time.
Y - Your Fave Food:something not cooked by me, loved the mongolian bar-b-q at the Galleria.
Z - Zodiac Sign: Capricorn.. Leo.

4 Comments:

Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Gunther's big plan for the basement is to turn it into a movie theatre complete with big screen and reclining leather couches.. the whole bit.. black walls, giant subwoofers, etc etc.

I told him one day, "You do realize that we're going to have every teenager on the block hanging out in our basement right?" to which he replied.. "isn't that what we want?"

It's nice to be on the same page isn't it?

Hugs

Julie

1:00 pm  
Blogger Lilsoutherngirl said...

Your house sounds like such a nice place to be.. Can I come over? LOL

2:17 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

As you've seen on my blog, my teenage boy drives us crazy.

Some days though, he knows, I'm laughing with him. I so hope one day he has friends over like that. As long as they don't eat me out of house and home. ;)

2:21 pm  
Blogger MamaTink said...

very cool indeed I say :) I can't wait for those days :) But I certainly will...because there's lots of delicious little kid moments yet to come in our house :)

~Lisa

4:22 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home