Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Thursday, December 07, 2006

No room at the Inn.

I know it's almost Christmas
I know we should be kind,
I know by sharing hearth and home
Great blessings we will find.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I know that angels linger
Where strangers ask for rest,
I know that we should entertain
And give our very best.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Should Mary knock upon my door
And ask for room and board,
I'd open up my home to her
And add her to my hoard.

If a weary traveller asked for food
And needed feeding up,
I'm sure I'd make a tasty feast
Then fill his empty cup.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My home is filled to bursting,
We're straining at the seams.
We've mum and dad and little ones
And far too many teens.

I really would invite you in,
Should you knock upon my door.
I'd love to have you visit
There's always room for more.

I love your little children,
I love both girls and boys,
I never mind about the mess
I even take the noise.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I love the teeny babies,
The nappies and the drool,
I welcome all those little chaps
Who come here straight from school.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


My girlfriends, welcome always,
Their husbands too can stay,
I've even had a dog or two
Some owned and one, a stray.

I welcome every one of these
They fill my heart with glee
To see them all at ease
When visiting with me.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Charity never faileth
My heart is awful keen
When welcoming almost everyone
Except that extra teen!

I just can't make my soul be glad
Or wish that they would stay,
They never seem to get the hint
I wish they'd go away.

They eat too much,they talk too loud,
They stay here far too long,
I know I should be loving
With a heart that's filled with song.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I rather like my own teens,
That's just as well I say.
It's all the rest that come here
And never go away.

I think they like me..fancy that!
They seem to think I'm cool.
I think it's must be either that
Or they think thatI'm a fool!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



They eat my food and use my couch,
They shower here and then,
They sit and talk and talk some more
And then they eat ..AGAIN!

I s'pose I should be grateful
And take it on the chin,
But if you have a lonesome teen
THERE'S NO ROOM AT THIS INN!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Moobear said...

LOL Helen, I enjoyed that so much! My sentiments exactly. Take care my friend. Thank you for the kind and nice comments. :P

6:02 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Oh you are BRILLIANT! Simply BRILLIANT!

7:32 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Excellent Helen. :)

10:23 pm  
Blogger MamaTink said...

JJBB stole my word! :) That really was Brilliant!!

~Lisa~

10:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant, indeed. When I started reading I thought, "I wonder who wrote this great poem," and then as I kept reading I realized it was you! Very talented, my dear!

Rachel

11:54 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Wow!!! Excellent! I too thought someone else wrote it until i got closer to the bottom...i knew it had to be you! What good work you have done! You ought to have that published..and im quite sure there are many others who share your feelings...lol.

4:19 am  
Blogger Susie said...

Brava!

1:18 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home