Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Monday, December 04, 2006

Just because.....

this makes me feel everything that Christmas SHOULD Make us feel.




I am going to try, amidst the excitement and fun, madness and noise, take a tiny part of each day to think about why we are doing this. I love Christmas, everything about it makes me feel happy. ( actually, not true. Nothing about Sainsbury's or Tesco's at Christmas makes me happy, the sheer volume of unbridled greed makes me very cross)
I love the magic and the colours, the music and the lights, Elijah is my joy right now, 3 is just heaven....he shivers with excitement with it all, today he saw santa decorations and said " oooh THANTA! I love her ( !!) the fairies tell her I stay in bed, I get some prethents" HOw clever that somehow he knows santa is a she. We started to decorate last night, never seen H move so fast, he is such a humbug until christmas eve. fat lot of good that does any of us!!


Look at my TV cupboard, I wish you could see how pretty the lights are on that little tree. Oooooh I love Christmas!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

6 Comments:

Blogger mom of 2 said...

I love Christmas, too! I also try to take time to remember the reason we celebrate!

I was at the mall the other day and people were driving so rudly. Then I remembered Christmas was coming up and that was probably why...everyone was in a rush! So backwards!

How sweet of your son...I love the innocence of young children...it's beautiful!

4:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just thinking that I needed to find someone who loves Christmas as much as I do....and here you are, writing about it in such a lovely way, and focusing on all the right things.

Thanks for that.

11:23 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

I love Christmas too. Of course, I work in a retail store, so there is no avoiding the shopping madness. I have been working my rear off (not really, it's still there, unfortunately, although im so sure it should be gone..along with my belly...lol).

Elijah is just so cute!!!! Even at 3 he is already sure that if something as important as Christmas were left to a man, well, it just wouldn't go right...lol.

4:49 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

I love Christmas too. Of course, I work in a retail store, so there is no avoiding the shopping madness. I have been working my rear off (not really, it's still there, unfortunately, although im so sure it should be gone..along with my belly...lol).

Elijah is just so cute!!!! Even at 3 he is already sure that if something as important as Christmas were left to a man, well, it just wouldn't go right...lol.

4:50 am  
Blogger KC's Blog said...

Elijah is a sweetheart, what a brilliant 3 year old!

10:11 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

That is such a beautiful song, especially that version of it. I love Christmas too!

Thank you for sharing Elijah's words. So sweet and so cute! Oh and I agree with him. ;)

3:52 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home