Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Oh I hate this....

Landlady is downstairs in the flat because they told her they have no gas....ack ack..of Course Hitler H is out, so I get to tell her what is going on and ask for more money...why is that always the case?? She said the gas board told her that 2 hours a day morn and eve would be £5 a week for 2 people, what about 4 people and 24 hours a day heating?? I am cringing, she said she will get back to me in a minute....hope H gets back and he can deal with it, except he will yell, because he does that to people that aren't related to him. ARGH!!
I hate confrontation but I also hate paying for other people to be warm when I'm NOT!
Will update later. Unless I have shrivelled from shame and embarrassment.

All is well, mama bear dealt with it and we managed to do it without getting heated ( I am so funny, ha) I think we are all happy, actually I liked getting to go in the flat and nose around, looks lovely, warm too, even without the gas on!
The people who live there are very nice, Polish, not that that makes any difference, not sure why I felt I should mention it, rather like feeling it necessary to say Dan is gay...why? Being Polish matters only in that a) some delicious smells waft up from downstairs and b) it is darned difficult to chat.
The landlord / landlady's partner obviously felt the same way because he was shouting, with an accent that wasn't polish but not English,
" YOU PAY EXTRA IN WINTER AS IT IS COLDER YES? "
that kind of thing, I kept muttering how sorry I was, how it was H, all H and where was he when the time came to sort it hey? Landlady kept glaring at shouting partner and saying
" oh it's ok, really, we understand" to me... and poor cold Polish people who pay their rent on time just stood looking puzzled. Still, all's well that ends without H shouting or me crying and we all still live in our lovely houses/ flats, Hoorah.

2 Comments:

Blogger LosingSanity said...

Glad it got sorted out. It does make sense to pay more in the winter, as heating raises the cost.

Too bad you had to deal with it yourself..i know i hate confrontation as well.

2:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shessh, its cold outside you would think that they would get that figured out a bit better for you guys!

2:33 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home