Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Monday, November 27, 2006

Christmas is coming....

And my cards are made! Email me your address is you simply can't live without a sample of my homemade love and festive tidings!!

helenwith6@aol.com even if you think I have it, send it anyway because I lose things and if I have them all in one place it will help my befuddled mind!

I am sort of excited about Christmas but it is gallopping up on me quicker than I would like. I have a mountain of chocolate and the boys are bought for, does anything else really matter I ask myself?
I shall be decorating in a completely over the top and probably not very tasteful way when we get back from the temple, I always get excited about that. This year we have a HUGE house that is begging for olde worlde type decor. I threw away our fake tree last year, so we will buying a real one that will smell divine and make my arms blister, only once a year, I shall be brave.
I feel that we have been celebratory giants this year, I rather like it, next year we may even make up our own things to celebrate, although today is passing without so much as a mention. I am hoping we make up for it while we are away getting married again. What do you think my chances are?
Email me your addies I am ready to address envelopes and lick stamps and everything.
Tomorrow I am going to the hospital to have my empty womb scanned, I made the mistake of reading the info sheet, seems it will involve semi nakedness and a wand thing, yikes, ewwwww. I suspect they will see a weary womb that is relieved to be empty but a little bit sad at being so old and useless. They might find some left over fibroids and some baggy sides, I hope they don't find anything else, a miracle baby would be lovely but that is pretty much an impossibility.
My poor womb has been troubling me rather a lot lately and mayhaps it could need taking out and throwing away which would be sort of sad but also quite alright. Of course I have imagined all sorts of goings on in there, purely because the doctor feels it is necessary to have a good old root around and see what is happening due to the rather sudden and alarming
goings on.( and this appointmnet has come through worryingly quickly for the fabulous but slow NHS, ooer)
I think ( and hope) that I am just getting old and creaky. Irritating that when the doctors ask you questions they make you wonder and before you know it, all those things ARE happening when you are sure they didn't before.
I dread going for the scan and being told that they can't see a blessed thing through all the blubber, serves me right though, maybe shame would stop me eating glorious fat making things. Doubt it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Fingers crossed for you.. Hope they find everything in order!

Hugs

Julie

8:45 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

It wouldn't stop me either Helen. Too many good things to eat this time of year!

Good luck tomorrow Helen. Will be keeping positive thoughts for you!

1:34 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Hope everything goes well at the doctor! And gee are you on top of things..i got my cards....yet to be signed and sealed and all that, though!

2:08 am  
Blogger MamaTink said...

I hope everything went okay Helen...and that there was an avoidance of semi-nakedness and wands...not pleasent...not at all.

Happy Belated anniversary!!!!!!! Much love to you aand H!

~Lisa~

4:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about you and your appointment. I hope everything went well. And Happy late Anniversary! All my best to you and H. We'll be thinking about you on Friday, especially.

Rachel

8:54 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home