Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Though I say so myself....

My insides a bit beautiful. Almost a shame that they aren't visible to all and sundry.
I had my scans today, abdominal and you know, the other sort, with a wand, ewwww. I am thrilled to say that my womb is quite splendid. Empty of course, apart from a tiddly little fibroid that is embarrassing in it's patheticness.
My Left ovary is beautiful and round and uncysty, my right one was shy and hiding behind my bulky womb. We were doing so well until she said bulky. Thick. Ack.
I think my womb is angry. When I saw it today all empty and lonely looking, yet plump and ripe, healthy and strong...I think it was telling me off for denying it the chance to just keep making divine babies until it fell out or something. I am very good at carrying babies, I conceive them incredibly easily, for which I am eternally grateful, I am one of those women who back in the day would have been pregnant every year, drop a sprog and back scrubbing the stone floor by tea time. We won't imagine what I would look like or admit the fact that I would probably have been scrubbing said floor with pendulous great bosoms that would never have been reduced to pretty ski slopey ones on the NHS. They'd have had to be tucked into my bloomers and hope for the best.
Lucky then, that in this day and age we can choose when enough is enough. I am sure my body is more than capable of having glorious offspring, my heart isn't. My patience certainly isn't. I'm such a grumpy pregnant lady and lets face it, it's all very well saying that we can make lovely babies....but then we have to actually look after them. For a long time, forever.
So, lovely womb or not, it will stay empty. It's job is done and it did it very well indeed. Thankyou.

4 Comments:

Blogger Julie Q said...

I'm glad all was well Helen.

9:44 pm  
Blogger KC's Blog said...

Everything is o.k, I am so relieved, you are going to be o.k.:)

8:52 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad that your scan was great. Sorry about the angry womb! :). Your comment on the breasts had my rofl!

1:39 pm  
Blogger Lilsoutherngirl said...

Glad everything was okay..Even tho no more children for you, just think with all the children you have, how many wonderful grand-children you will have.

2:36 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home