Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Spare shrink anyone? *Edited in the cold light of day.

Every now and then I have something on my mind that I LONG to get out, that is making my brain itch and I feel sure would settle if I could just write about it. When I was having therapy ( how frightfully modern) I was often struck by how clever it all was, here I was sitting in a chair surrounded by pretty things, opposite a lady who said hardly anything at all, an hour at a time and would come away with a whole slew of questions and worries answered. How did that happen when she didn't ever say anything but ' hmmmm, why was that do you think?' or ' so, how did that make you feel?'
There were times when I felt something akin to violence at her inability or reluctance to ever say ' Helen, this is how it is, if you do this / say that / go there, all your worries will be over.'
How great would THAT be if they actually told us what to do and think and say?
Bloody great that's how great that'd be.
Therapists and councillors and shrinks never do that though. Bummer.
What happens is, they somehow teach you that the answers are already there. What we need to do is think it through and work out where to go for ourselves. That's both irritating and empowering.
So, occasionally I have things that need working out and my blog used to be the place to come. Not anymore. I still love my blog and will still write here about the everyday happenings that are worth remembering. Like Seth saying to his cousins baby....." hey, you've got a Bogey ( booger)... oh no you haven't, I thought it was a Bogey, but it snot" Which is hysterical and worthy of note.
The deep and meaningful stuff though, I don't feel I can write here anymore because way too many people I know read it. Don't go. I love you reading and commenting, I love being at church or out and about and having people tell me that they read my blog.
2 of my children now have access to this and that definitely makes me censor what I write, my sister reads and tells my mum, and while all that feeds my show offy nature and encourages me to embellish and exaggerate the minutiae of my dull existence, it most definitely stops me from writing a whole bunch of secrets and woes. That leaves me in a quandary because I no longer have the marvellous Jan to sit opposite and not tell me what to do anymore, I can't sit and talk at her for an hour a week and come away with all the answers that were there all along and suddenly became apparent without her saying a word.
I can't tell Jan and I can't spew it all out here and work it all out. What to do, what to do??? I am going to start a new blog, you might see a new one attached to this one ( like the diet one that worked so well until I stopped it and gained all the weight back, that is still there telling me how many days it is since I was nice to myself. )
You might see it, but will never read it. Please don't ask. I will be the only person to ever read it, which means it will be REALLY JUICY and I bet you would all love it. Sorry.
It won't take away from this one much. Sometimes I might write it and be all worn out and wordless and so this one might get left unwritten, I will try to post a nice picture if that is ever the case. Truth is though that there is considerably more ho-hum stuff than juicy secrets so the chances are, you might not miss much at all. I just wanted to explain why you might see a new blog and wonder why you haven't been invited, that'll be why.
If you ever chance to knock at the door and beg 'Let me in, let me in' the reply will be a most definite
'Not by the hair on my chinny chin chin'
I need me somewhere to go where I can purge my soul, say whatever is in this head of mine and feel safe in the knowledge that there won't be someone staring at me at church in absolute mortification because good heavens, who'd have thought she had THAT on her mind.
I hate the thought of people I love worrying and thinking they have to fix me or help or make it all better when they can't.
There are times when I am so mad at H, for just being H that I long to vent, if I do that and then people that know and love him see it...they will remember what I said ( usually in a hormone induced rage) and hold it against him, long after I worked through it and forgot I ever was mad at him.
I think that maybe, I might need Jan back. My head is having a hard time lately and there's nowhere to turn anymore. For now I will try and write it all out and see if that helps.
It's almost funny that even though I am so huge, there isn't enough of me to go around. The bigger I get, the smaller I feel. The more of me there is to see, the less I have to give. I am tired and right now don't seem to be able to recharge the old batteries. December seems to far away and although I am so excited to think we have a HOLIDAY, there is so much to do before then. Like move house TWICE, and finish H's citizenship papers, go to bed and wake up and breathe and think. All that kind of stuff, that overwhelms me.
I took Seth to get his finger dressed today. It looks horrible. The flesh is growing back..yeay! It is growing back through the mesh like stuff they put on it. It looks like ground beef. The nurse looked and said " I think I will leave that and you should call and get him back to the hospital" I can see that this is not going well. He is going to need more work done on it and he is so brave and so uncomplaining, he is 6 and wants to be doing 6 year old boy stuff. I am such a wuss about my children. I am so grateful that this is the limit of my having to watch a child in pain, it's horrible.
We bought a pool today, 8ft wide and about 30" deep, just right for little boys but I am in a state because I briefly imagining Eli getting out there when we were inside and ...well now you can imagine. It is way too deep for him without us there, he will need a swim ring to be in there. Now I won't be able to relax unless I am within 3 inches of the damn thing and if I have to go out or do something inside I will be driving H insane with the ' you won't let him out/ take your eyes off him / let him drown while I am busy will you? as if he is an idiot and not as in love with the boy or as afraid for his safety as I am.
Now I wish I had just bought a £5, 6 inch deep blow up pool that would deflate in minutes and we could all be depressed but alive and not drowned because I wanted a BIG pool that was reduced to £9.99 and what a bargain! Drown your precious kids for 1/4 of the price!!
H won't answer me because, well, he isn't an idiot and won't let him drown or send him out to swim while he works on his website and then I will decide that he hates me because he didn't answer me and .....see? Therapy calls.
If it wasn't 2.32 am I would rush right over to my dashboard and set up a new blog right away, get myself some venting done and maybe sleep a restful slumber. But it is 2.33 now and I am weary. Shall have to sleep and dream of being loathed by my husband and dream some ways to keep the boy out of the pool when we aren't there. Maybe drop him in without a ring so he sees how scary it is....would that terrorise him and give him a water phobia? Better scared than drowned? Isn't a bloody paddling pool meant to be the highlight of summer for a little boy? Dear life....someone put me to bed.

11.45am Saturday.
Look. The pool. The far too deep and my children will drown pool. In the light of day. Not admitting to anything remotely close to paranoia or making nightmares out of fluffy dreams or anything but still.......

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Barely to his waist!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And oh the JOY!!!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Leeann said...

I only discovered your blog recently but I really enjoy reading it. You are real and tell it like it is. We need more people like you!

I hope you were able to get some much deserved rest.

Leeann
niccofive.blogspot.com

2:31 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Funny you should mention the bit about not wanting to vent about H bc then ppl who may know and love him will read it, etc. We were just talking about this very thing tonight. It makes it so hard, bc there are times when we just need to vent. We still love them, but darnit, we are frustrated. However, in venting, those that listen sometimes hold it against the person being vented about. Hopefully you can set up a private blog to work through things. I know that is is so therapeutic to just get things out.

Hope you were able to get some rest and just make sure that you sit mr. Eli down and explain to him how dangerous the pool can be without mommy or daddy right there with him. Drive the point home. I know it is so scary. Maybe you can get a latch or something for the doors so he can't sneak out? Hope you are able to enjoy the pool more than it makes you a ball of nerves!

6:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And so how does that make you feel? lol Shrinks don't say anything because you have friends around to tell you what you "should" do. Unfortunately we don't usually listen to them because they aren't professional so we end up in worse shape and talking to a shrink who doesn't give advice, but lets you seek it inside. You didn't mean me when you said no one could read the new blog did you?

11:12 am  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

I will miss reading your intermost thoughts. I joined a support group on line....that is where I vent!!!! Everyone needs a place!!!!
Don't give up on the blog you now have. I will always read about your everyday life and your divine little boys!

1:19 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I only recently started reading; I think I left a message in your older posts.

I understand about having to censor the things you say when your children are reading, etc. I use LiveJournal where you can make 'friend only' posts, 'cause I wouldn't like it if people I knew in real life read. But I like getting feedback on what I write, so those 'friend only' posts were the right thing. You just find what's right for you.

Cheers.

5:47 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

My parents have a very similar pool at their house. I like that it is deep enough to have fun in, yet not way over anyone's head. One day, we had me, makenneh, markie and my mom all in there...lol. It does the job of cooling off, that's for sure! Hope the boys enjoy their summer fun!

11:40 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Pools are so much fun! :) My younger three and my 3 nieces were all in a pool at my parent's house. They had a blast! Even though there was no room to move around. :)

Sorry to hear Seth's finger isn't looking better. :( It is great he is being such a big boy about it though.

My kids could easily find my blog, but I don't think they have an interest in it. When boyfriends/girlfriends get into the picture, that might be a different story....

6:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think if you want a new (and totally private) blog, then go for it! Just keep us all updated over here, and throw us a juicy bit every now and again :)

9:35 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home