Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Thursday, July 26, 2007

The boy.

I have no babies. None. My littlest boys is four today. All grown out of the little things that make babies a whole species of their own. I rather like babies but am feeling a sense of freedom and am beginning to feel as though I might come out of the fog anyday now. Once I can sleep a bit more.
School holidays. I love them. No school runs ( 3 a day lately) no making packed lunches, no uniforms of set times to be and do. Just us doing what we think of doing, as we feel like doing it. I woke up at 8.30 yesterday and today, that to me is like heaven.
Today was Elijah Henry's birthday. Four. Big boy world.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We had a lovely day but the relief that for a week or so, we can just relax, no pressure. Well apart from doctor appointments and moving house, all's pretty darn hunky dory.
Eli's party was really just a few friends playing and having some tea, jelly and cake and anything that I could grab that was in a packet and needed nothing more than to just be put on a paper plate.
He loved it. Which is exactly how it should be.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

He loved every bit of his day, except the part when he was overwhelmed by the urge to taste his number 4 candle. He chose that candle and held it, he wanted it prominently placed on his Shrek 3 cake. He hearted it. So much that he ate it.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

But it wasn't good!

Sweet little singing boy who just loves every minute of every day. Rarely cries, always sings. Naturally assumes that he will be adored wherever he is..and so he is. My neighbour said the other day
" That little one...I just want to look at him, listen to him, love him. He is just gorgeous." He really is.
He is still very drawn to all things pretty. Long hair, skirts, flip flops, the more spangely and gaudy the better, high heeled shoes, hair bands. He gets dressed and then pulls his tee shirt down so that the neck is around his waist. Hoorah! a 'stirt.' No shoe is safe around Elijah. No little girl or pretty lady can relax if she is wearing a necklace, long chained and sparkly is his idea of perfection. Lawks.
He is an endless joy. Life without having had this boy doesn't bear thinking about. He is a gift.

7 Comments:

Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Oh Happy Birthday Beautiful Boy! I'm so glad it was a good one :)

1:27 am  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

Happy Birthday to the Birthday Boy. He is so georgous!!!!

1:44 am  
Blogger Ranni said...

I so love the way you describe your kids! Happy Birthday with many more to come!

Had to laugh at the eating the candle bit, lol.

5:41 am  
Blogger mom of 2 said...

Happy birthday, Elijah!! Yuck about the candle...so cute though that he thought it would taste good.

My son loves pretty things, too. He really enjoys putting on my pretty shoes and clomping around the house in them!

4:03 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

I love your descriptions of him. spangly and sparkly things attract all manner of attentions here too.
And why do these little boys insist on chewing candles. Matthew still chews them bleck! 5 candle doesn't taste much better than the 4 LOL

4:56 pm  
Blogger Leeann said...

What a marvelous post! He sounds like a really lovely boy. Happy Birthday to Elijah!
Leeann
niccofive.blogspot.com

12:41 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Elijah!!! What a wonderful little man!!!!

5:47 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home