Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Just hanging about with Anne.


Isaac wanted so badly to try the stilts.....he picked them up several times but just couldn't quite get himself to step onto them, look at his face can't you see that wishing?

It was sports day today, Isaac was clear in that he wasn't racing, he would be 'hanging about with Anne all day' and that is just what he did.

I love Anne and am always so touched when I see just how much she cares for this little boy of mine. He is very tactile with her, lots of hand holding and hugging, very good to see. He has shone this week, AT LAST they heard him answer the register, loud and clear he said " GOOD AFTERNOON ANNE" all year he has done no more than raise his eyebrows, they say his name and look right at him and he raises his eyebrows to let him know he heard his name. This week, out of the blue...with perhaps 10 school days left, he spoke! Little git, it's almost as though he waits until the very end of the year and then lets them see just what he is capable of, he did this last year in his reception class. How far will he go backwards in September when he starts a new class, without Anne and lovely Mrs H? I suppose we will have to wait and see.
Here he is, with Anne, carrying the water bottles onto the field.
Seth, on the other hand, ran every race, with such vigour and determination and incredible good grace when he didn't win..... for someone so competetive this was his greatest achievment of the day. He loves all things sporty, loves the racing and wants desperately to be the best, to win.
Isaac takes his role as Anne's helper incredibly seriously, he guides and points and shows the other children where they should be and what they should be doing, the remarkable thing is, they let him, they seem to love him and not one of them ever takes umbridge at this child who doesn't actually do any of it himself showing THEM what to do!


Look at my little bean jumping for all he was worth, he actually came 2nd in the sack race, he is quite small but this girlie is very tall! It's only when I see pictures that I notice how little and brown my boys are next to their classmates.


Look how Anne smiles at my boy, she comes to our home and has even been swimming with us on saturdays......no wonder he feels so safe with her. I can't stand it that she won't be his helper next year. this growing up thing is just too tough sometimes.




Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger mom of 2 said...

Your boys are precious! Watching our children grow up can be such fun and such heartbreak all at the same time!

About the post below...glad the house didn't sell!!!!

10:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So adorable and you would make a perfect assistant like Anne.

12:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like they had a glorious day.. How blessed are we to have people who care for our children? VERY.

1:25 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home