Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Puncuation? Probablynot.

Oh Please. Let me sit here, all day on my pyjamas and pretend I have nothing to do because I have so much to do and none of it is fun or nice or fun.
ts all the really crappy stuff, the last of the kitchen cupboards stuff, the underwear drawer that I want to just leave and carry but you know full well that if I do that, the one person that I am not married to that is helping us tomorrow will be around when that drawer slides out on the road and all my big knickers and dingy grey bras fall in a puddle.
The pulling out of beds, freezer, sofas to vacuum behind so that the person not related to us who is helping won't see what filthy slummocks we are.
Yesterday I was going to do so much until I fell down those stairs at the back of the house, yes those rickety, wooden, slippery when wet (and everything is bloody wet because England is DROWNING right now) stairs, the ones that are so steep that I hold my breath every time I have to go down them. I fell down yesterday when I went to get a jacket from the car. I got to the top, one foot slipped, I did the splits ( ouch but hey! Impressive) one leg behind me, the other over the top of the top step and I fell HEAD FIRST down those damn steps. Another slow motion moment where I enough time to think " oh, OH I am so scared, this could really hurt and SHIT! I AM REALLY FALLING DOWN THESE STAIRS!!!" and then I stopped thinking and used my brain to put my hands out and stop myself half way down thank goodness.
I hurt my shoulder and knee and hip and ankle and thought " bugger this for a game of soldiers " and went out for the day with Debs and Jane and we had lunch and spent money and laughed ( after I cried like the stupid emotionally drained and physically weary girlie that I am)
Friends are the very best thing, especially when your husband seems to be trying so hard to do the right thing but by very merit of being a husband does the wrong thing and going out for some fun and Italian food is a much better idea that punching the man you are promised to for eternity.
I have cleared the dining room 43726115 times, why have I done that when every damn time these kids go right in and trash it? How do they completely mess up a totally empty room? Mum gave us a pop up post office, seemingly a great idea, easy to pop up and they can play in it and stay the hell out of the boxes and bags and tidy piles of what the hell am I going to do with that crap?
If only, when she gave me the post office I sort of had a heart sink because it just felt like something else to lug over to the new house that isn't a home yet, aware that everything seems like more work for me and also aware that I am the most miserable and ungrateful wench in the world right now I took it with a pretend smile and kept it in the car for a day or two...sunday I got it out and put it in the empty dining room, hoorah, peace and quiet ....... quiet because they made a picnic to eat in the little building in the dining room. Aw, bless.
Crisps and yoghurt drink smashed and spread all over the carpet. Also cereal.
I am convinced that they do these things on purpose and I think I hate everyone, from the smallest to the biggest I am hard pushed to look at any of them without my eyeballs bulging and a desire to vent my wrath in all ways violent and vocal.
When H steps in and makes the cleaning up a game and has them clear up the chaos they caused, I hate him because if only he had been playing some game with them in the first place the mess wouldn't be there.
My heart is still so heavy about leaving this house and that makes me cross and sad because TOO BAD! Get over it.
Lovely people keep asking how they can help and I don't know......I can't think straight. Take my kids for a year, buy me alcohol ( wouldn't take much, never drink a drop, probably would get squiffy on a half a glass of shandy but squiffy sounds good, lets try it) take me away from it all and give me a nice padded room with no windows and leave me there for a month. Knock me out and wake me when it's all over. Except it won't BE all over because this is just another temporary stop off, we'll be doing it all again before we know it.
So, 8.30am, boys are at school ( or on the way with H.) I have snotty head Eli with me, had better get dressed and drag my reluctant self over to the new house with another car load of belongings. One more day, one more day then we have the task of setting it all into the new house and pretending it is home. If it were sunny it would be heaven( ish) but the rain.......google English weather, I am not kidding, we are drowning, one town at a time, so far Devon is just paddling, in the north people are actually dying and drowning and losing everything........where oh where is the sunshine????

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I got these pictures from an AOL site...the first one is from a place called Helens avenue or somewhere, how appropriate.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tht's just how it looked after the last hurricanes near where we lived in Miami. Luckily we were the high spot surrounded by the flood zone. The water was much deeper though, hip high in some areas.
Anyway, it will all be over soon enough. Don't unpack too much and leave it stored as you will most likely be moving to your forever home sooner than you think.

10:42 am  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Oh Helen I'm so with you.. I hate hate hate moving and my Dad owns a moving company so I we did it A LOT as kids.

When I was taking a psychology course moving was rated the 3rd biggest stress event (1. was death of a spouse/child and 2. was wedding).

I can't imagine having to do it all in the rain on top!

HUGS

Julie

12:42 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home