Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Watch this space.

So, today I bit the bullet and went to the council.
Oh, hang on a bit, I am going to backtrack a bit. We have keys for the garages at the new house and permission to work on the gardens. We have prepaid to have the calor gas tank filled so we will have hot water and cooking gas and such like.
We have taken several loads of boxes and furniture over and stored it all in the garage. We are getting ready ( and I really hurt my knee somehow today ouch.)
So, I thought I would put Mr use your time wisely and find your own house at the council out of his misery and tell him that, for now, we have a place to live.
I expected hoorahs and very good, see ya's. What I got was a hmmmmm, I see....it would still be better if we could allocate you a house right here in town though wouldn't it? What if you didn't have to move into the other house?
I asked him if he knew something I didn't. No.
I asked him if he was telling me the truth, he said " you'll get a phone call if there is a house for you"
Then he went on to say that what we should do is move....then have Bridget write another notice to quit....he said that we should think of this move as a holiday, a chance to have the best summer with a big garden, he said to tell Isaac that we are going on holiday to the new house and that THEN ..in the winter, maybe we will have a house that WILL be forever.
My feelings are that he DOES know something but they still need time. Wouldn't it be typical if we get that phone call and have a council house? Wouldn't it be bloody typical ( and a bit fabulous?) Ahahahahahahahahahahaha. Ha.
I was a bit flummoxed truth be told, his words told me that he knew nothing, he said that he wasn't changing our status and as far as he is concerned we are still pretty much top of the list as homeless. He kept saying things like " don't bring in a new address until the last moment, just hang in there. I would rather you had a secure home."
I LOVE this new house, love it, feel a snobbity la-de-dah kind of lady at the very thought of living there but I keep crying because I love it and we WILL have to move again. We still don't know how long, if, when, why or how. We still have to worry about walls and handprints and chipping wood and breaking things.
I must say that even with a house that is more or less ours we will worry and want it looked after but it won't be a matter of feeling as if we are living in someone else's house, being checked up on and monitored all the time.
I suppose all we can do its keep on keeping on, do what we are doing and just see if we are stopped in our tracks and sent in a different direction. Imagine. Life is rarely dull is it?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie Q said...

It sounds like the man it trying to be helpful Helen. I do hope your family does get a secure home from the council.

It would stink to move again so soon after moving, but to a permanent home of your own would be so nice. And I hope that happens for you and your family.

3:21 am  
Blogger Robin said...

i've been reading your blog fora few weeks, really enjoying it and so happy for you regarding your new home. i don't really understand the council thing in the UK...i assume it's like subsidized housing here in the US but that housing's not permanent. So, if you get a council home that would be permanent, that would great and awesome for your boys! and maybe this house this summer can be just like a holiday for you all...and what a nice one!

i just don't understand why the man couldn't come right out and tell you something without being all mysterious. bureaucrats!

good luck anyway....soon you will be in your new place and feeling groovy!

3:45 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So true that life is rarely dull and when it is we complain. Why is that? In the end it will work itself out and all will be well.

10:27 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home