Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Saturday, June 02, 2007

I heard my husband sing.

This is part of the back garden, the fence on the left is the one that we hope keeps the bulls out! I also hope it keeps the Eli in. The land on the right of the fence is ours too, it has a little stream running though it, we may just use the fenced in part, H will decide that, as it is him that will have to cut all the overgrowth back and mow the grass!

This is at the front of the house, next to the garage. I think we will have a
barbecue area right here.



still at the front...oooh imagine the boys throwing the stones, what fun!! The house is to the right, garage and annex to the left.I can park right by the front door if it is raining, what a treat!



I love this kitchen I do, I will stroke it and clean it and it has a dishwasher and I will use it even if it makes H cry because he doesn't believe in them.


And our room with lovely doors and it will have our big comfy bed in it

It's very lovely isn't it!

Today, I heard H sing, he doesn't sing, except at church where he sings with gusto but not much melody, his heart sings like an angel because he means every word of every hymn, apart from that he doesn't sing. Today he was singing downstairs, he was singing because I packed Sophie's things.
That should be a sad thing really, but this man has been put through sheer hell for nearly 8 years, he has put up with it, sometimes not put up with it, had a heart attack during one spat, he has kept his mouth shut at times when a lesser man wouldn't have been able to. He has never ever told me what to do, he has yelled and nearly blown a gasket many a time.
When he saw that I had reached a limit and understanding when this has to be it, he sang because he knows that that chapter is over. I will still and always be involved and part of whatever she does and wherever she is, but she won't be here, daily making life difficult and unhappy for everyone, including herself.
She is safe, she is, I am told, making moves to live elsewhere.
I knew it was time to make it real, pack up her things and then let her know they are ready and I will take them to her, I went to see her today, saw her poker face, talked to her while she glared at me and managed very well not to weep until I got home.
I found letters under her bed that she wrote to me and didn't give me, I hope that's because even she isn't that mean....they were mean, really heart wrenchingly mean and if they were meant to hurt, they did their job, while I can accept her drunkenness and her rage, her sadness and misunderstanding, it still hurts.
I hope that she can be happy, that she can learn something. I hope that one day she believes that I love her, have always loved her and will always love her. I want to like her as well. Right now that is a tall order.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Julie Q said...

I'd worry about the bulls too. I guess not having a yard to play in is worse though. If you or H have to go out with the boys so be it.

The house does look beautiful. :) I'd use the dishwasher as well. And I do.

And I'm betting Sophie will grow up one day. Hopefully sooner than later. Perhaps her getting out on her own will help. I think it's OK if you don't like her for a while. You will always love her.

8:59 pm  
Blogger MamaTink said...

Wow!! I haven't been by your blog lately, so I totally missed all the excitement of getting the new GORGEOUS HOUSE!!!!!!!!!! I'm soooooooooo happy for you all!!!!!

And I agree with JulieQ, no one can like everyone all the time...but that doesn't mean you don't hold love in your heart for them :) My Mom has always said that it took me until I have a daughter to realize that Mom's really do have brains and know what they are talking about. Maybe that's what it's going to take for Sophie too. Good luck with the waiting though.

HUGS!

~Lisa~

12:32 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

I honestly feel that Sophie moving out is for the best for ALL of you. I pray that the transition goes well.

HUGS

1:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found many a letter written about me to Aubrie's friends. They were hurtful and untrue for the most part, but the fact that that was her vision of the truth was the most hurtful. Luckily we are beyond that now. I still don't approve of some of the things she does, but she must live her own life as she sees fit as we all do. We get along much better now and really I even miss here. Hold on, it will come for you too.
That house is just plain gorgeous. Looks like plenty of room for out of town guests too hint, hint.

5:57 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

That house is gorgeous! The yard too! So much potential. Room to run for the boys, room for bbq'a and gatherings and summer fun!

Sophie will some day understand where you are coming from. Those hurtful things that she wrote...they will embarrass and shame her some day. She most likely wrote those when she was angry. Her anger got the best of her and things spewed from her mouth that weren't true. And she probably realized it after she had written them and that's why they were never given to you. I do remember writing mean things when i was younger. I would be mad at mom or dad for not letting me have my way about something. I was young and knew everything and they were just trying to ruin my life. I came across a couple of those letters as a young adult and I wept. I felt so ashamed that I would have ever even wrote such horrid and unfair things. I realized that my parents were only trying to do what was best for me! I also learned that i didn't know everything afterall! IN fact, mom usually always knew best. I was too dumb to realize it at the time. So, Sophie will come around. And I think her living on her own will help give you all the space you need and allow for a more positive relationship. When you have had your fill of her, you can leave or send her on her way and just knowing that, will help.

10:08 pm  
Blogger wayne said...

Helen

The new house looks gorgeous

hope it all works out

11:17 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home