Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The horse came fourth....

Need I say more?
Jordan watched the race and said it ran about as well as I would have. Go figure as the saying goes!
We went to see a house today that from the outside made us a bit hopeful, understanding that wherever we go from this house is going to feel like a come down, we were ready for feeling a bit sad about moving anywhere else that we can afford, this house is neared to school, still close to town, seemed big enough, looked OK. When we got inside we were excited to see a beautiful kitchen, with HUGE gas stove, 6 burners, double oven, front room and dining room that is small but would do if we got rid of half our furniture ( is like a pain to have to give away anything we have so carefully built up) I have 'started over' far too may times, I feel unable to even think about doing it again, having to yet again give away the things that I thriftily bought and lovingly fit into our home. I don't want to lose anything else, damn it.
We went upstairs and that was when the misery really hit, no way can we make it work, one room was quite literally a box, no bigger than 4' x 5' .....the main bedroom was hideous, bright red and one wall covered in mirrored wardrobes, dear heaven, that's all I need, wall to wall ME.
No thankyou.
The bathroom was revolting too, the doorway was so small that it didn't even have a proper door, it had one of those foldy uppie doors that caravans have.
We are going to see one more house on thursday. Heart breaking that whatever we have to rent is going to cost pretty much as much as this one and be a third of the size, I continue to be horribly sad about the whole thing.
As far as the legal help goes, we can go for it but risk making everything worse for ourselves, I can't even bear to go into it really, not today.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger MamaTink said...

Aw Helen! That sucks so bad that it didn't work out. Would it be possible to lend your extras to Jordan for his new place? Then you can feel that you're helping him out, and know that when you're ready, you can have your beautiful things back. Just a thought :)

HUGS!! Lisa

8:26 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Finding a decent rental is so hard! That is how we ended up where we are.

I hope you can find something soon Helen.

10:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh no, i was so hopeful. don't give up though. the right one is waiting for you and it will come soon. fingers crossed for thursday.

1:43 am  
Blogger rachel said...

Darn, Helen. I was already planning the meal you'd cook with your 6 burners.

Our prayers are with you!

1:49 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

hunting for a new home is so frustrating! Hopefully you will have better luck thursday!

5:14 am  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Oh Helen I'm so sorry.. I had really hoped that this was it for you. I'm still playing the lotto on this end.

HUGS

1:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

People should read this.

1:58 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home