Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I don't think I have too much to say, which probably means I will post absolute nonsensical drivel because the blog must be written, even if no-one is reading anymore and the few that are still reading are so bored with my grizzling that they wish they hadn't clicked on that link out of habit!

The car is half mended, new shiny exhaust, the sweet thing about the garage that mended it is that Nigel, mechanic and Darren with the obviously uncomfortable underpants that need removing from his bottom and pulled away from his nether regions every 6 seconds, are both so thrilled with everything they do that they show me. Is it a compliment that I must appear to care what screw went where and how shiny that mid section of exhaust is and look! Nigel cut his finger getting that bugger off it was so rusted on ...see?
They raise the car up on the ramp and make me go underneath to look at their handy work ...which makes me sort of uncomfortable because I read newspaper headlines in everything I do " Mother of 6 crushed by her own car, wasn't even a good car, had failed MOT, it did have a shiny exhaust though, shame she never got to actually drive it"
I paid for the work and the parts and the half mending with the very last of my hard earned savings, I have felt uneasy about that because this year has been a good one for being thrifty and careful, I have become accustomed to having money in all 3 accounts, not much, but always something to fall back on when we need it and enough to pay for the passports and what have you, now they are all 3 empty and echoey and sad looking balances. The good thing is that the money WAS there to pay for the car, yeay.....now I can start all over again and work towards our holiday in California, and moving and all that jazz. All in a days work.

I went to the council today and heard more or less the same story, lots of blah blah and nothing. All will be well though, somehow, won't it? I have to say that I am beginning to try and look at the things I WON'T miss about this house, like the shower falling on my head everytime I get in it. It has something against me I swear because H says it never falls on him, the whole thing comes off the wall as soon as I open the door, blasted thing.
I won't miss the cooker much either or the death trap stairs out of Jordan's room down to the car parking space. I think that's all I will enjoy leaving though, which is a pretty paltry list isn't it? Bit bleak if you're looking for the bright side of all this isn't it? Oh the dining room door keeps coming of it's hinge because the wood is a bit soft. Sheesh, get me out of the hell hole.
I love this house, I really do.

We have almost reached the point where we can't do much more until we leave, a few more bits to shove in boxes but really the rest won't take but a day or two when we know where we are going. I am mostly filled with dread about the relentless form filling that comes with moving, reapplying for everything, setting up accounts for this that and the other, changing phone lines, internet, letting the bank know, the utilities, even driving licence....oh I hate it, I really do. I am worried that it all takes so long to set up and if they wait too long things will overlap and get messed up, I know, worrying about things that don't need worrying about yet. That's me folks.

So, drivel over for another day.

Oh, if this isn't the most heart rending and horrifying story, what this family is going through is unimaginable, please pray that this little girl is found, and soon. I just keep wondering how frightened this baby must be, what must her parents be feeling? I have been kissing the naughty boy 'til his face aches, 3 is still a baby. I feel sick. I hope they find her.
The story is that the 3 children were asleep, so the parents went to a restaurant 50 yards away for dinner, popping back to check on the kids every 30 minutes, on the last check they found the shutters opened, the door open and Madeline gone. All kinds of thoughts are stirred when you know that fact but the point is, she is a baby and a very poor choice by her parents doesn't mean this 'deserved' to happen, so sad because the hotel has a babysitting service, the kids have to go to a creche though, I imagine the parents thought the kids would be better asleep.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how do you leave your children home alone at that age to dine in a nearby restaurant? did i read that correctly? i couldn't have could i?

9:42 pm  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Yay the car is half fixed! And I can't stand going underneath the car when it's up on the lift either...talk about creepy!!

9:59 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

I'm with Lacey on that little sweet baby. I do hope she is found, but they don't mention a babysitter at all. I do hope that was an oversight.

Well, I believe it will all work out somehow Helen. Keeping my fingers crossed something good will come along for you.

2:13 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Hopefully she is found safe! How horrible!

And glad you were able to get your van half mended! Hopefully you will be all set with it soon!

And council ppl-move it...get going on Helen's file. She needs a home and she is extra super duper deserving of one. thank you!

3:38 am  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Keeping you and that little girl in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm hoping the council has good news for you soon!

8:08 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home