Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Monday, April 30, 2007

Big boobs aren't always a blessing!

This is taken from the front page of our local paper.....

A woman who found herself in a sticky situation in the early hours of yesterday morning had to get firefighters to rescue her.The woman had been on a night out with her boyfriend and a friend, but when they returned to their home around 3am they discovered they were locked out.The woman's boyfriend, a window fitter, was able to open a window in the hope one of the girls could climb through and reach the keys, which they could see on the sideboard.The man's girlfriend was able to get up to the window, which was the smallest window, and reach the keys.
However, manoeuvring back out of the tight space proved rather difficult as her chest got trapped.When fire crews arrived at 4am the girl had already been stuck in the window for about an hour, and using cooking oil had failed to release her.She could not be pulled back out as her chest was trapped by a bar in the window.The crew resorted to cutting the window to free the victim about 20 minutes later - who then gave the crew 'a big hug'.

Oh if only they had pictures! wouldn't that have made a blog entry.. although by the time the fire brigade arrived she was half stripped and plastered in cooking oil!
That's my girl! it wasn't her boyfriend which was the only thing that spoiled the laugh, she didn't like them saying he is! She has a great sense of humour, she whistled with laughter, her chest and back are bruised and grazed today, of course she is showing the world and it's auntie.

My laptop is poorly, it is going into laptop hospital on wednesday for a WEEK! I am using H's snazzy deal but it's not mine, no favourites, no addresses, I am a bit lost and will be stuck for a while until my baby is back! Terrible that we get so attached to a 'thing'.
I think my camera is dying too, I will mind very much if it is, I love my camera and use it most days . The car is due for it's MOT, it's going in on wednesday to find out what needs working on, I know the brakes are worn, I hope it won't cost too much, so much is going on that needs fixing and money throwing at it. We aren't having a good run right now which makes me think that very soon it will all be just hunky dory and whoopdiedoo, won't it??
Ok, this laptop is too weird for me, am going and will be back tomorrow if something blogworthy happens.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger MamaTink said...

Oh Man! That is Hilarious!!! I can't imagine!!

Good luck with all the fixings! Isn't that always the way? One things goes and the rest follow.

~Lisa~

11:53 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Sometimes, I think my digital is dying and it just needs new batteries. I hope it isn't anything serious with yours Helen.

Oh and I hope it isn't anything serious with your laptop too. I would love to have my own computer. Ah someday. They do move out eventually right? ;)

1:28 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Yes, that is quite a sticky situation. I sooo wish there were pictures. It would only add to the chuckles. I can't imagine being stuck in a window for that long! Ugh! But it sounds like she is taking it all in great strides. I would be dying of embarrassment about now! LOL. I probably would have refused help from the fire brigade out of sheer embarrassment...so I would still be stuck in the window!

4:14 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home