Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Monday, April 23, 2007

Back to school......

7.35pm

Seth " When is it bed time?"
Me " oh about 25 minutes"
Seth " but I'm tired now"
H. " Oh no....bedtime is 8pm"
Elijah " But right now I am tired, right now, can I go to bed right now?"
Me " no, it's too early, you have to stay up"
Isaac " but I think I can't, I think my legs won't walk up the stairs I am too tired right now"
Me "oh, OK....shall we let them go to bed or not daddy?"
H. " Oh, OK, just this once.....we'll go right now"
3 boys " YEAY!"

Is that not heaven? How much would you pay to hear that? less than half a story they were out. I love school. I LOVE SCHOOL!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The boy, waiting in the car for the nursery gates to open...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Oh...forgot to tell you, Dan got some awards this week.. He received 'Special of the year' from the police service. He is a special constable with the police where he lives, that means he has all the authority of the regulars but he does the work on his days off and evenings etc. He got 3 other awards but I can't remember what they were for, bad me!
He is about to move into the hotel he works at, this will save him a HUGE amount of money, no more rent, no bills......he's going to be rolling in money for while, I told him to save and put down a deposit on his own home. I am so proud of him, he is just fabulous. Not once, ever, since he was 16 has he ever asked for money, he has never been in trouble, he is so grown up and mature, kind and generous. I so want him to be happy. I think he is, he broke up with Shawn, this time it looks like it may be for real....I hope he can meet someone that appreciates him for everything he is. Shawn hated Dan doing anything, hated him being with the police hated him having friends, hated him being here, talking to us, he just wanted total control of everything Dan did. I hope that this means Dan can really give himself to whatever he chooses, not have to keep compromising and giving up on what he wants to do.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Julie Q said...

I wish school would knock Zachary out that way! Maybe next year when he is full day. I like how you tried telling them no, it's too early. ;)

Dan is just doing amazingly well for himself. Quite the man you have raised. :) I hope he finds someone special to share his life with Helen.

2:12 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

I sure would give almost anything to hear that! Sweet music to thy ears!

That's great about Dan! Congratulations to him and his accomplishments! And it sounds like he will be better without Shawn, if he was holding him back like that. It isn't fair to Dan to be treated like that! It sounds like he has a very bright light to shine on the world and nobody should try to put that out!

2:47 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh he's precious! And imagine.. cheering to go to bed! Heaven!

10:06 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

Oh i love it Helen!! Matthew is the one who likes to go to bed - usually because we've given him enough drugs to knock out a small horse - but still....gotta love school!! I'll have to show you a picture of the Joey boy who flaked out today IN his chair whilst attempting to get out of it - he's in a sort of half somersault position - of course I had to take photos.

Congrats to Dan. He sure does make you proud! Good on him. Sorry about the breakup - he deserves so much better!

2:17 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home