Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Thursday, April 19, 2007

When the going gets tough, pray for other people.

More good news.....it looks like Jordan has found a good place to live! Here's hoping that goes through for him quickly and without too much trouble.
I feel sooooooooo sick, puke. I think it may be the new meds, I really hate feeling sick I had to come back from the beach early as I just couldn't bear it any longer. Beautiful day again today which helps make everything seem better.

If you ever need something to put your lives into perspective, to help you see that the things you find stressful and hard and unbearable, visit some of these sites and try to imagine if these families wouldn't give all they own to swap trials with you.
I meant it when I said that I think the Lord likes to see us caring about others, praying for others and sending whatever faith and strength we have to others, even people we have never met.
I know how blessed I am.

PENELOPE beautiful little girl.

RACHEL amazing and feisty and incredible.

MACKENZIE Miracles follow this little girl!

KENDALL this little boy reminds me of my Isaac, same brown eyes, same beautiful skin.. I have cried over this little boy and ache for his mommy.

RYAN Just a baby, with a giant's strength.

I read these blogs every day and then I pray..... thanks that my boys are so healthy and strong and noisy and naughty......asking for miracles and peace and strength.

Life is filled with such tough stuff, I gave up trying to answer the 'why' question years ago. I am trying to make the very best of what I have .... some days are easier than others and for those days I am so grateful.
I wish I had some magic or some money or some miracles to send...... I think though, that maybe prayers are even better.

Life is But a Weaving

My life is but a weaving
Between my God and me.
I cannot choose the colors
He weaveth steadily.
Oft’ times He weaveth sorrow;
And I in foolish pride
Forget He sees the upper
And I the underside.
Not ‘til the loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly
Will God unroll the canvas
And reveal the reason why.
The dark threads are as needful
In the weaver’s skillful hand
As the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He has planned
He knows, He loves, He cares;
Nothing this truth can dim.
He gives the very best to those
Who leave the choice to Him.

Author unknown.


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger LosingSanity said...

I hope you start feeling better. I hate that pukey feeling. Ewwww!

Good to hear that Jordan has found a place.

I love that poem you posted, very beautiful!

12:31 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

So true Helen. When we look at our troubles, and then look at those beautiful children, our troubles seem quite small.

That is great about Jordan finding a place! :)

I hope you feel better today. That is an awful feeling! :(

4:16 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home