Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

And the GOOD news is...

While I was at the council offices again today, going over forms and hearing how difficult this whole thing will be but how he will be really quite high up the list and if we accept any area we will stand a better chance etc.... well he said that for sure they can help the Sophie girl.
I know I am being the tough love mummy right now and making her stand on her own two feet and nagging and barking and pushing and generally getting wearier by the second, I know she has to do this I have to do it, it is the right thing will be the making of her blah blah BUT hell it's hard. She is one hard faced little madam but when she cracks she is so vulnerable. She is scared, which makes her stand still and shout a lot.
Hooray then that this council has many projects to help kids like Sophie who need extra support, she jumped out of bed and flew down there to fill in forms and register her needs.
Phew.
I will have to keep my eyes on what is going on but sweet relief to know that she will be taken care of..... even when you know you have to do something it doesn't stop you wishing things were different.
More cleaning and packing and piling and sweeping and dumping today and a bit more of it tomorrow before we head to the beach for the day again. It is still gloriously sunny and hot and we all need to step out and grab us some of that while it's there. The boys head back to school on monday, we've had a great school holiday, another day of sea and sand will be just the ticket tomorrow.
I am officially an old mare. I had a follow up appointment with my doctor, my blood pressure is still up there with the eagles and other soaring things, my 'resting' pressure is over a hundred...not good, not resting at all in fact, so tablets for me. H and me popping the blood pressure pills before bed such bonding we never imagined.
I think I am over the mourning for this house part, never one to hang onto misery when I can help it, I am grasping the possibilities before me and for once in my life refusing to think of how this could so end up horribly. I absolutely believe that things happen for a reason, if we embrace them and fight for the best usually it ends up as a good thing.
I am doing what I do best in standing up and facing the adversary and watch out anyone who thinks they might pull a fast one. I am leaving no stone unturned and hoping that we come out of this cocking a snoop at the landlords of this world who shall have no hold over us any longer.
I look forward to walking through carpeting shops and choosing lovely stuff that hides the dirt and smells clean. I shall meander through decorating shops and choose grand colour schemes.
I shall be saying MY house, OUR home, I shall look forward to marvelling at how we have been here 38 years now lovie doesn't time fly and do you remember when that Eli one was a grubby kneed little urchin playing in the gutter with little Kai down the road??
We will be getting a council house, I feel it in my water. Don't stop praying for it though, the more the merrier, I think God likes to hear from people on behalf of others, he likes to know we care about each other. Thankyou.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Susie said...

"She is scared, which makes her stand still and shout a lot." I love your way with words. And although I haven't been commenting, I want you to know that God is hearing about Helen's house every day from me.

10:04 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

I will keep hoping for the house Helen! In my thoughts and prayers.

I think Sophie will be fine. :) She just doesn't know it yet. And I know you will always be there for her. We Moms love our girls. Even when they are driving us crazy.

2:48 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Hope things continue to go in the right direction! What exactly is a councel house?

I can only imagine how hard it is to show the tough love with Sophie. I have trouble with it on a small scale, so i can only imagine being in your shoes. It's hard to do thingss even when we know it's for the best! It's the mom in us!

Big Hugs and enjoy the beach!

2:52 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

really does sound like things are heading in a good direction. just hang on for the ride, i know it will be ok if you just let it;)

10:00 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home