Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

My heart.......and my Isaac.

Is happy today, it is also normal, good sinus rhythm, normal happy heart. Perhaps a just a panicky heart.
I had my ECG, all 30 seconds of it, many blood tests, results back in a few days. Mind put at ease.
Elijah was at grandma's house today so after my tests, H and I went to Torquay, shopped for some Easter basket goodies, bought our tickets for the coach trip to London and had lunch. Walked in sunshine, could I ever get weary with sunny weather? I think not.
Collecting the boys from school, H was thrilled when Isaac's teacher ( who I love more than chocolate!) told him that today...... he read THREE BOOKS, out loud, in a beautiful clear voice. As a result, when she had picked herself up off the floor, she has advanced him THREE levels in reading. He is now on turquoise readers. That is pretty close to Seth's level ( Seth is on free readers, which means that he has completed all levels and can read whatever he jolly well pleases from any shelves in the library)
I love reading through both boys progress books. Seth's comments are almost always about how expressive he is and well done. Isaac's tell a tale in that sometimes it will say that he mouthed the words, sometimes that he just couldn't do it at all, occasionally he reads the title in a whisper. We have known for a long time that he can read, and well. HE just hasn't been able to show anyone at school, he has read word sheets, quietly, once he read 100 words, using a hand puppet ..so today when he read 3 books out loud, well, I wish I could have been a fly on the wall to see the excitement. Seeing the comment in his progress book ,it looks as though his teacher has almost gone right through the book with her pen, so dark and strong is the writing. This teacher is so fond of Isaac, she fills up whenever he passes a hurdle, I think she will miss him when he goes into year 2. I know I will miss talking to her and seeing just how thrilled she is with every new step.
Oh, this evening, Jordan was teasing the boys and getting them to try and say 'specific' he laughs at the amount of people who say 'pacific' instead....so the boys were saying it and getting it right and then wrong...then I said to Seth, never mind say it, can you spell it?
'S.P.E.C.I.P.H.I.C.' Jordan just about fell over! Seth was mad that he said P.H instead if F. Smarty pants! I just love it that these boys love reading so much ( and being read to) I bought a book of the Easter story today ...H read it to them and Seth was telling him the story before he read it, they have been learning the story of Easter at school this week. Seth is really loving anything to do with scripture, he is so like H in that he just loves all the facts and historical parts, who is who, where they were, what life was like. I am much more 'into' the heart side of it all, the spiritual aspects, how things pertain to us in our lives. The names and places shoot right over my head, who was father to who ( whom??), where they lived etc. never sticks in my head but its all those things that Seth and H remember and discuss.
H started reading the old testament with them this week ( imagine!!) he started by explaining what the old testament covered and then said " oh wait.....yeah, I think I did" disappeared for a bit and came back with a 'book' he had compiled, he remembered that he had rewritten the old testament ( with pictures) in a way that was child friendly. WHEN did he do that? HOW does he do that??? And ' Oh, yeah I think I did"????? As if it was something he did one night when he was bored and he forgot?? Incredible.
Last day of school tomorrow, then 2 weeks Easter holiday. We're told the weather is going to be splendid......we have all kinds of fun planned. Isn't it great when there is plenty to look forward to? I am so relieved that the scare about my heart proved to be just that.....now I have to keep telling myself that next time, it could be the real thing. I have no choice but to take better care of myself and change the way I do a whole load of things. Probably in small ways to start, old habits die hard but they will die , this dog needs to learn new tricks. Cliche heaven.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

welll done isaac. clever boy that you are. glad the ekg went well and good news will arrive on it shortly. life is just so overwhelming sometimes.

11:58 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Yay for Isaac! What a leap! And glad to hear the tests went well!

1:13 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Sounds like such a lovely day Helen! I wish spring would arrive here. We've had wind, rain, more rain and now snow.

I'm glad your heart is happy. I hope your test results are all OK.

I have always loved when my children love books and reading. It makes school so much easier all the way around. Woo hoo for Issac! :) That is also great that Seth knows ph has the f sound. :)

1:18 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Oh Bless Your Lovely Normal Heart!!!

Ok going back to read the rest now :)

10:47 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Oh what beautifully brilliant boys! And such a clever H as well!

10:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a sweet post that makes me happy just to have read it.

1:02 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home