Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I think....

I might take a break for a few days. I'm sort of burned out with the whole blog thing at the moment, seems I have to drag myself here and then bore the beejeebers out of myself.....hardly seems the best thing does it?
I hope that if I give myself a break and do some lovely spring cleaning I might come up with an interesting post at last.
Cleaning carpets tomorrow, life is one big old thrill isn't it?

H and I have been at loggerheads just lately, sometimes the Jack Spratt syndrome doesn't cut it and I could just SCREAM with frustration. Times like this I see the similarities between Isaac and H, the whole aspergers thing and the absolutely head banging lack of reason and 'just because' of it all. Isaac will look at something and it just isn't right, he will never be able to tell you why, he just hates it. That's it. H too.
Today I went shopping at a store that I really like, it is not the store H likes. No problem you would think. NUH UH! Huge problem, bad me. He can't tell me WHY I must never shop at this store, just that if I do, it will be deliberately to annoy him and that will be a HUGE DEAL.
Of course, this makes me feel that now I MUST shop here. If he said ' you know that store supports child labour', or ' this store has practices that go against things I believe are important' I could see his point, but right out of the blue he says he we must never use that store, HE doesn't like it. PUT 'EM UP MATEY, let round one begin.
I could probably quite happily not shop here and no-one would lose out.......only now, because of the way he went about this I have this horrible feeling of being controlled and dictated to.
He is very set in his ways, he likes something that's that, Kirby vacuum, none other.
Fairy washing up liquid, don't even show him any other.
Wilson socks....feet would fall off should any other socks ever find their way onto his feet.
In september, Asda opened here. Walmart own Asda, we love Asda, love it. H LOVES it. In his mind, shopping elsewhere is ridiculous now, WHY? What???? NO!!!!! He is a creature of habit. I like spontaneity. I love Asda but sometimes, well hell, why not wander the aisles of Tesco, or Morrisons, or sainsbury's. Live on the wild side. ( wonder why Sainsbury's is still OK with him? Never will understand how his head works!)
This ridiculous squabble blew up out of all proportions. Don't you just hate that? I quite like how you can slip other stuff in there though and get that off your chest at the same time. I really loathe fighting though but jeez, sometimes you just have to stand your ground.
My hackles rise when someone tries to tell me to do or not do something.
I am so tired ....... I like calmness and peace. Life is too short for fighting, especially over ridiculous things like that.
So, in an effort to calm my jagged nerves, what have you fought with your beloved over that is beyond ridiculous? Go on, make me feel better. Please.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Julie Q said...

Oh geez, my sweetie won't argue with me! I've tried believe me! He is the most easy going person I've ever met!

Now my Dad, you name it and we've argued over it. Where to shop when they visit, me paying for my own groceries, how I dicipline my children, etc.... He is the one I have always butt heads with!

12:04 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok you're the second blog i read that has decided to take a break. now what will i do in the mornings? i can understand though i have taken a long break and no desire to blog still. hang in there somethings gatta give, lol. h aint no real bad boy.

12:19 am  
Blogger Ranni said...

After a freakishly long and exhausting week, Mike and I decided to grill steaks one night as that's such a family favorite. He grilled, I made the salad. I've always set the salad bowls to the top left of the plates as the glasses go top right.

This particular night he went OFF because the salad bowl wasn't on the right side and he was right handed. It resulted in both of us refusing to eat as we stormed off to opposite parts of the house. I *think* that's the most ridiculous one we've had, but we've had some doosies!

12:52 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Helen, I think it's in the air, as my hubby has been driving me absolutely insane lately. We have argued over everything and nothing lately. Tonight, I made one simple comment and he started to get all ruffled. While i can't think of a specific thing right, we do argue all the time over silly things.

I don't blame you for feeling like shopping there just bc..i get the same way!

Well enjoy your break from blogland...i will miss you dearly! I so look forward to reading your posts...you always word things in such a way that makes them so fun to read...unlike my boring blog..lol!

1:16 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had just returned from a cross-country trip to Los Angeles (for work - market) and as I was driving myself home from the airport my husband informed me (via cell phone) that we had a new couch in the upstairs room.

"A new couch?" I said. "From where?"

"From Doug's youth room. They were getting rid of it because they got new couches."

Need I go into the details of why such a couch is disgusting? Hundreds upon hundreds of possibly disgusting teenage boys and girls sitting, jumping, lying, doing who knows what else on this couch, and NOW IT'S IN MY HOUSE? Because the YOUTH ROOM was getting RID OF IT?

The fight lasted for about two days, in about 10 different manifestations. All over a silly couch. Geez.

3:52 pm  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

Well, how long to you have to read what my Husband and I argue about??? LOL Driving my DH around (because he can't drive now) is what drives me up the wall. It's not in him to sit on the passenger's side and keep his mouth shut. I'm always going to fast or to slow....I'm not in the right lane....I'm riding the middle line....he tells me when I need to pass....and I CANNOT park in a parking lot unless he tells me HOW and WHERE. We have had more arguments over this than anything I can think of. I've never had a wreck...I've never gotten a ticket...I can drive and park a dump truck. Maybe it's because he can't drive any more....but he shouldn't take it out on me!!!! Sheesh!!!

11:37 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

I know how it feels to need a break. I came *this* close to deleting my whole blog last week though I'm not sure why.. It just seemed like something to do?

Hopefully you'll be back into blog mode soon!

Hugs

Julie

1:12 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home