Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Monday, March 26, 2007

Spring went and sprung.

It did, clocks went forward yesterday, sun came out today in a warm and cheery way. So cheerful was it, that I WALKED TO SCHOOL, yes I did.. almost trotted with a song in my heart. Added to that was my 3lbs lost and a promise of a day out with the girls. Today was a good day.
I was horrified by how stiff and ridiculously out of breath I was. Lawks, shame on me. I have truly punished myself this winter. Curled up, mentally and physically, feeding my body and soul way more than either needed, at last that is over for now.
Am a stiff and cripply old bag tonight though, a whole day of walking and shopping and walking, more movement and excitement in a day than there has been for months. A nice kind of aching. May there be much more of it for a long while.
I love the evenings being lighter, we were out with the boys until 7pm, which means they come in, eat and sleeeeeeeep. I love the sunshine, I heart it all.
The very thought that I can soon wear my crocs flip flops and wear short sleeves is heavenly and happy making. I was made for warmth and light, dark and dreary is not my thing at all. I am like a cat, I all but stretch and preen in sun.
Somebody put easter eggs through out letter box this evening, cadbury's mini eggs and galaxy mini eggs, my lovely devonshire brain think it was a benevolent fairy who wants to make us happy, the part of me that lived in L.A. might think it was the neighbours who are so tired of footballs, basketballs and stones being thrown over the hedge that they have laced said eggs with something sedating and anti ball throwing, if the foil wrappers a a bit squiffy we may not eat them. Fairies are in this area though, for real.
I heard that a mini van of them went leaving plates of home baked goodies on doorsteps around town, ringing bells and running away fast, whilst giggling and tripping to get away without being seen. This is a lovely place to live, you should come here, it's even sunny.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Julie Q said...

We had sunshine and warmth here in Michigan today too. Not the friendly neighbors, but ah, two our out of three ain't bad. :)

I'm glad you had such a lovely. :) I'm sure my little boy will fall fast asleep too. After the sugar buzz from the ice cream. We can't have a day at nearly 80* and not have a bit of ice cream. :)

12:51 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

I would love to come to England!

We brought out the crocs and flip flops today, as it was absolutely beautiful and warm out there...Makenneh wore shorts all day and even wore them to school!

Good job on the 3lbs lost..how great! Winter is surely rough! I am so glad to have the nice weather back!

1:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well it's sunny and warm here almost every day so that's nothing new. both kids are sick with high fevers which they picked up at our trip to the er last week with jav. today i will attempt to take them both to the dr. one thing good, they were in bed all day yesterday so it was quiet as church here. wish me luck. im glad you had such a wonderful day!

10:29 am  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Hooray for Spring and Easter Eggs and aching muscles from walking and shopping! Hooray hooray!!!

4:16 pm  
Blogger MamaTink said...

3 Pounds! Woot Woot! Go Helen! Go Helen! LOL Seriously, good on ya!

We too are like cats here, loving the sun and the stretches :)

And wishing we had some fresh baked, chocolate leaving fairies here! No Fair!! But you deserve them :)

~Lisa~

6:36 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home