Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Thursday, March 22, 2007

What to say?

Things are sort of tickety boo and alright. That's great for real life but sheesh...doesn't do much for a good blog does it?
You know, could jabber on about dieting and feeling better, yawn...pop over to the diet blog for that.
Could talk about legs and aching joints, yawn, old mare, get over it.
Could tell you how I love my hot water bottle because I am old and the heat on my back somehow helps my legs......hate the thought of admitting that this old body is enjoying such things, it'll be bed jackets next-you mark my words.
It's all so every day isn't it?
Oh I got my new passport back, am now officially married to H, which will surprise anyone seeing the photograph in it, look like I deserve to be single and lonely, in fact, best avoided if at all possible, although have to say, it's not as bad as it could be, passport pictures are notoriously revolting aren't they? I was ready for that so didn't bother to make any effort at all. Ha! See? Drag the hair back and leave it curly ( did that on purpose because as long as I am recognisable from the old picture in my unmarried and single passport I didn't have to get the pictures or form countersigned, so just let the hair do it's wild and crazy best, hopped into a booth and snap snap, pictures done.
Have the boys forms all ready but they do have to be countersigned. Hopefully they go off on monday.
H has his appointment for his 'living in England' test, he has to take this test before he can apply for citizenship. Actually am glad I don't have to take it, they wouldn't let me stay, it's supposed to show a willingness to know about the country, can only be taken in English, Welsh or Gaelic, thus proving a good knowledge of the language. When he has passed that test, we can then apply for his citizenship and get his passport too.
Every little step brings our trip closer and makes it more real. I wish I could click my fingers and be there, I hate the thought of flying, really hate it. I am so afraid of flying, being trapped in that metal thing for 10 hours at a time, thinking about how helpless I am, ack, looking out of the window is compulsory forme, I am drawn to it and yet when I see how high up I am.....yeegads! Why, in heavens name do they have that little screen that tells you how high up you are, how fast you are going and how much longer you will be stuck up there with no escape? WHY DO THAT?
Honestly, this fear is enough to actually make me back out, if H and Seth weren't so excited and thrilled with the idea I would have bought a big screen TV by now and forgotten I ever said I would do it. Am so scared. Every time I fly, I am more scared than the time before and I know when I get there, the trip will be marred by the knowledge that I have to do it all again to get home. Have to stop talking about it now or I might hyperventilate and weep a whole lot.
There is so much to look forward to when we get there though, I can't wait to see these little boys at Disneyland and Seaworld, the sunshine and Malls. So much excitement and knowing that we get to come home after it all, what could be better than that?
Still a long time to go before I have to get on a plane though shall push it to the back of my mind and concentrate on getting my arse to a size that won't get wedged in the seat, get my belly so that the belt clips into place without the humiliation of asking for an extension or having some skinny attendant try and squash the belt into place. Get my legs so that they can wear capri pants and not get sore from rubbing their fat selves together while I walk 3 gazillion miles around fun places of great entertainment with 3 excited little boys. Work on my arms so they don't look like someone stuck my thighs in the wrong place and can look good in a short sleeved shirt and catch some sunshine. I'd like my face to look like it has a shape rather than a blob sitting on a chin on a chin on a chin.
So
Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com

Forget the plane bit and think of all the rest, when that fails, valium should do the trcik.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh so that's why you won't take my offer to fly you up here. Hmmm maybe I can throw in some valium too???

12:36 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

ahh, valium..That's the first thing i thought of as I read your post!!!

2:02 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

I am chicken to fly too Helen. Only, I never have! My sister lives about 3 hours away by plane. She's offered to fly me to see her at her home. I'm chicken. Too chicken. I may die and never have flown. I do believe I would fly to visit a new grandchild one day, but maybe they won't live that far away. :)

Anyway, I'm glad you are excited about your trip! It should make winter go by faster next year. In the meantime, we have spring, summer and fall to look forward to. :)

10:52 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home