Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Ahhhh, now that's more like it.

I do love it when enormous joy comes from something small.
My sister, Leah, and her friend Heather came by tonight and took the boys to the park for 2 hours ( yeehah!) after dinner I was going to drive them both home and Sophie and Mel ( Jordan's girlfriend) asked me if I would run them to Mel's flat in Babbacombe. Not too far away by car but 2 bus rides away, now and then I like to throw a spanner in the works by saying 'yes'. Fun to see them look startled and then jumping to it in case I change my mind.
So we set off and dropped Leah and Heather off, then set out to take Sophie and Mel to Babbacombe.
In the dark. You know what that means don't you? I can get there ( directions given in a voice fit for an imbecile from teenage girls) but as I am driving I know that I will never make it back because they took me the back way. Meaners.
Left, right, right, left, winding roads, dark streets.
*Sigh*
Then we remembered that instead of trying to get back the way we came, I could follow the road and drive into Torquay, bliss, I know the way from there even in the dark, clever me.
Dropped them off and kept straight on and then.......look at this, imagine being able to drive through this, as a matter of course because you live near it. This is called the English Riviera because if the weather is going to be great in England, it will be great here, it is beautiful and it has always been one of my most favourite places.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is actually the road you drive along to get to where I needed to be. Beautiful, so uplifting and happy and in the summer the smell is glorious, heat and fish and chips and suncream.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Such a peaceful feeling I get from this place, even though it is always busy and bustling. Driving along here, on my own this evening was like balm to my weary soul. Thank goodness for little things that make a huge difference.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know just what you mean there.

That place is BEAUTIFUL!

11:23 pm  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

Oh what I would give to go shopping in the English Riviera. Want to trade places? Maybe we could do Wife Swap???? Have you seen that TV show? It's not really what it sounds like. (There is no sex involved) Two women swap houses for a week and continue to run the household as they are accustomed to at home. Sometimes it gets pretty upsetting. I have seen them almost fighting by the end of the week. And then other times everyone is happy. I would be happy walking in your shoes if I could go the the English Riviera...

12:12 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Looks just gorgeous! What a view! ANd you got to enjoy it by yourself??!!! Whew!

12:33 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Very pretty view Helen. Reminds me of my hometown a bit. Sometimes I miss it there.

I am glad you had such a peaceful drive.

Oh and I hate having to drive home alone in the dark. Especially after dropping off one of the teenagers at a friend's house.

2:28 am  
Blogger MamaTink said...

How incredibly beautiful!! I can certainly see why your soul would feel a bit more at peace after spending some time driving by this lovely place! Wow.

~Lisa~

12:02 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home