Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Reasons why I blog.

1. Because I can be in the depths of despair, blog that I want to run away and people ask me if they can come too. HOW COOL IS THAT? Where shall we go?
I vote we go to a country Inn, roaring log fires, home cooked grub, eat a lot, laugh a lot, talk about our husbands and kids a lot because THEY WON'T BE WITH US. We will sleep until we wake up all on our own. We will be pampered and treated like queens. Movies and books and uncomplicated thoughts.

2. I blog because I can. In my quest for adulation and laughter, I usually try to make my life appear humorous. When I can make myself laugh about the stuff that makes me cry.....yeehah. Worth it.

3. Because I am taken for granted. People in my real life, with the exception of my mum, forget to tell me when I am fabulous, or clever or funny. I need that and you give it to me. Thankyou. Don't stop. Please. Ever. Pander to my ego, I heart it.

4. I love to prove a point. There is such joy in being able to go back, find what I said/ they said, what happened, what I did / they did and being able to say SEE? SEE? Get out of that one matey.

5. It used to be my place to rant and tell the dark stuff but too many people read it now that know me ( not that you'd know, as they don't comment, meaners, comment I tell you, show yourselves. I have google, I know you are in RIGHT HERE and right there and a bus ride away, we could have lunch. I could come to your house and shout through the windows while you hide behind your couch and wish you had never delurked.)
Wouldn't you love to become famous by being mentioned on here? Be the envy of all Americans and canadians and Australians who long to spend time with me ( maybe in the way I long to have more children, that safe kind of longing because you know it won't ever happen. Phew.) Say Hello you Englandians! Especially the ones who live RIGHT DOWN THE ROAD!!
No self respect have I? Begging in the most shameless way.
I am a tad disappointed that I find myself editing endlessly so as not to tell too much. Maybe I will start a new one ...that will fizzle out because I love knowing people are reading, I am such a tart.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm with you on number one. when shall we go?

10:49 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

And here I thought you blogged purely for my reading pleasure?!!! Geesh, you didn't even mention that one! LOL!

1:03 pm  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

You are some interesting and amazing lady and I heart you and I'm not your Mum. You keep me laughing and sometimes crying. Don't ever stop blogging!!!! I would miss you tremendously!

2:01 pm  
Blogger odat_kim said...

I'm in for #1, I have vacation the last week of April and the first week of May, is England nice at that time of year?
Kim

2:34 pm  
Blogger MamaTink said...

Sign me up for #1, and hell, for #5 too, I would LOVE to lunch with you Helen :) Those people dpwn the road must not realize what they are missing.

I am sorry though that you can't use your blog for venting everything. It really is theraputic isn't it :)

~Lisa~

3:41 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

I love you Helen.
I shall heap piles of adulation upon you because you make me laugh, cry, and truly understand our lives and more.
Even though my blogging has diminished due to other factors going on in my life - I still enjoy reading others.
If I lived down the road from you, we'd be hitting the spa, or giggling and laughing like schoolgirls over a cup of tea - goodness, if our kids lived remotely close to each other - we'd have quite a gaggle of little boys to entertain us wouldn't we?

4:54 pm  
Blogger Moobear said...

I think you are a fabulous blogger and lady! Never stop blogging please. My blog started out for an outlet and therapy and lately has created more stress than I want or need. I am in a holding pattern. I am so glad I ran across your blog and ALWAYS look forward to reading it. It is good for you and also for us. Thanks friend and hang in there! Love from cross the pond!
God Bless!

8:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although I am most definitely NOT just down the road, I would absolutely love to bunker down in an inn of some sort with a roaring fire and not have to worry. about. ANYTHING.

Oh, it's too much to even think of.

And, for what it's worth, I love your blogging. Never stop. You are my poshest posh British gal :)

11:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Helen, you can't stop blogging! I so look forward to reading your post every day. You are one awesome lady. I'm sure you have touched others' lives just like you have mine. I know you have made many friends, and would be missed by so many. So just hang in there and remember that we are all here for you.
Paulette

3:42 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I simply love that you do :) Don't stop k?

Love Ya!

Julie Bo

1:52 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home