Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Monday, February 26, 2007

Manners maketh man. part 3.

So this evening we had our home evening and the lesson was on manners. You can never give up trying to instil some kind of decorum and manners in young people.
You might be led to feel as though you are nailing jelly to a wall but keep trying we say.
So, H led the lesson and he is never one to reduce things to the level of a 3 year old, or 5 or 6 year old even, keep up people!!
Gathered 'round his patriarchal knee our little boys were eager to learn and hear what daddy had to say.
This is how it went.....
" so, boys, if we're needing to ask someone to do something for us, how would we go about that?"
Silence, which is normally a treat but in this instance, replies would be good.
" Well you know we properly address the person we are talking to.....for instance we say, 'Mr Brown?' Then what would we say?"
Short pause and then Seth said
" you ask him for his postcode" ( zip code)

????? H looks at me, I look at H and then I said

"Seth, you're being silly."

" Well " Seth said " How else will I be able to address him properly?"

H and I had our first belly laugh for weeks and weeks.

3 Comments:

Blogger rachel said...

Belly laughs here, too! That Seth is a character, isn't he?

7:49 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Oh how cute!!! Quite the character, eh? LOL!

2:39 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Very clever boy Helen! I love that. :) I'm glad your little boy gave you both a belly laugh.

3:47 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home