Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Monday, February 19, 2007

Now, THIS you see, I can do.

As an older mum, I have the opportunity to watch young mums at work and see how they get worked up about stuff that to me, is funny. It wasn't funny when Dan, Jordan and Sophie did it, I thought it meant they would grow up deliquent ( and they didn't did they? Selfish maybe, insane and screwy but not deliquent)
The great thing about a second chance at anything is that you can use what you learned and do it better.

Because we are more than a little dim, my husband and I thought that seeing as the boys have a week half term holiday from school, we would do the whole DVD morning thing again. Invite a ton of little boys, fill them with sugar and colourings and send them home. we love it, they love it, the other parents love it, everybody loves it.
The only draw back is that sometimes, the other mums want to stay, which means srubbing toilets and cleaning kitchens and bedrooms and sitting rooms and polishing and all that stuff. Just in case. I draw the line at clearing the ironing, I think that makes me seem normal and loveable, that pile of ironing for all these people that, some day, I will get around to, or just do what I need when we need it, whatever.
So, feverishly wiping and vacuuming, I was busy as a bee downstairs, boys upstairs, you know what's coming don't you? Oh! you may think you know, but you don't.
Elijah is what happened.
This....is what happened.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

That is the courtyard, outside their room, that leads to the little flat under our house, where 5 polish people live. The courtyeard is covered wit 5467 dinosaurs and little animals. I didn't take a picture of the guttering, the roof, the windowsills, or the floor of the bedroom that looked worse than the courtyard because somehow, those sights didn't make me laugh quite as hard as the ground outside.
Isaac stood bemused and a little excited that he was allowed to clear up, until his arms were about to drop off and one huge bin bag was full as well as that toy bucket.

The other stuff ? The teenage stuff, let's not go into that today, some light relief was needed. we had fun with the guests who were only 5 in number, as well as Isaac's classroom assistant who he invited because he loves her. She came because she loves him.

We are standing firm with the big ones, they don't like it....we don't care.
I sink into sadness and then tell myself that this is just how it is, that when we are through it, we will all be happier. And we will.
Hooray.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger LosingSanity said...

Oh my! Dinosaurs galore! It definitely got a chuckle from me!

Glad that the kids had some fun with thier friends! Hopefully I will be brave enough (and have the room) to do stuff like that when my kids get a bit older!

1:58 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Oh what fun! :)

4:10 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home