Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I think I'll go and eat worms.

So, Sophie's life is miserable. She has no joy, everything is crap, nobody loves her, nobody likes her ..... ( anybody got some worms?)
She thinks that maybe she should stop eating ( alas, she is my daughter, that will never happen!) and just drink alcohol instead ( that would work ,no??) and she has no boyfriend ( like THAT would cheer her up) and she should just give up because no-one even cares that it is her birthday soon ( at least she is mentioning her birthday, that's a step in the right direction at least!) Her life is over.
It is very hard to be cheery around someone who is whining so incessantly without doing anything to change anything.
I am the devil incarnate today, apparantly, she left a message with Jordan for me to collect some leaflets from the body shop for her yesterday, because she was only told a week ago that she had to have them TODAY, naturally Jordan didn't give me the message, so now she can't damn well go to damn college today because nobody got her damn leaflets that nobody but her knew about, and shut up because she has been too busy to get them herself in the 4 days she wasn't in college and wasn't bloody working which means she has no money, crap, boring, everyone is having a life except her.
I love teenagers, especially the girl ones with hormones and attitude and no boyfriends that live in my house.
When she GETS a boyfriend, I am leaving home, please don't let me have to listen to the whning and weeping and wailing that is sure to come along with that little development.
I had a trend of meeting someone and marrying them very quickly and then moving to another country, do you think that is genetic, does she have it do you think? Does anyone have a lovely boy relative that is in another country that would sweep my girl off her feet and whisk her away to pastures new and far away because, honestly, we are not having fun here.
I am excited about the cards and packages that such kind people are sending this child for the birthday that will see her become a woman, that she is dreading, I hope that she cheers up soon because otherwise, when they get here, I might be tempted to see how many I can shove where the sun don't shine . Do the packages have lots of gum in, that will stick her teeth together and shut her up? Please.
Breathe mother, count to 10.........
( ha ha the one thing that IS ok, is that this means she can stay in bed and sleep and sleep......shall I tell her that some men are coming today to cut a new loft entrance, right outside her bedroom door, I think not, I think I will leave that as a happy suprise that will make her day and mine......ooooh! maybe one of the men will be 19 and handsome and like teenage girls that look like they have been asleep in a hedge, during a gale.. and that swear really loudly when they are woken up with banging and sawing noises, what d'ya think?)

4 Comments:

Blogger Julie Q said...

I never found the corn nuts darn it! I do have some gum for her though. I wasn't sure what brand, so I picked up a few different ones. :) A little something anyway.

I have a nearly 15 year old that will be a fine man, if he ever grows up! he he

My daughter (she is 20) has not had a boyfriend yet either Helen. I am sure she has similiar feelings that a boyfriend would make her world a perfect one. She never says anything about it though. I'm sure she doesn't want to move far away.

I hope the packages and cards make her happy too.

2:32 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

OOOh yeah, Sophie, Men only complicate life...lol! Oh to be a teenager again! Well, hopefully she wakes up in a better mood this morning. I really do feel for you, because I remember the hormonal outburts I had as a teenager and I dread the teen days ahead with Makenneh! Let's be thankful we only have one daughter each to have to suffer through that whole thing with!

2:58 pm  
Blogger MamaTink said...

Poor poor Sophie. Life sure is rough isn't it? :)

I still need your address Helen! can you email it to me at mama2_jam (@) yahoo.ca??

Thanks Love!

~Lisa~

9:35 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Oh the trials and tribulations of being young, gorgeous, single and childless.. oh my poor heart simply bleeds for the girl!!!

11:56 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home