Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Friday, February 02, 2007

Mish mash.

That title is because I am going to waffle about all kinds of differnt stuff..but, if you add a beaten egg to your mashed potatoes it is truly heavenly.
Jordan taught me that, he can cook, not that he does here at home very often, but that's besides the point, he has a new job... HOORAY!! No more pub, I am so thrilled. I sort of got him the new job, much to my slight embarrassment. I have to say I'm not overly keen on mothers who ' do ' for their kids too much but at times you just have to do what you just have to do.
There is a terrifically posh restaurant that just opened right across the road from our house, it is the sort that I would never suppose to eat in. I love to eat out but I don't usually want to wear a frock and sit up too straight or take a bag that isn't my backpack and this one, well you should wear a frock.
So, Jordan has been miserable at work, I hate him working there because he is miserable and just not going anywhere. So, I went into this grand place ( not wearing a frock ) and spoke to someone in a quiet and not overbearing motherly way. Just asked if they were looking to hire a chef. Such manners, hand shaking and introductions, even shown the kitchen ( where George, the head chef, was peeling prawns) I spoke with George and explained about Jordan and how he does everything from ordering to prepping, cooking and serving. George said to have him fill in an application form and take it in.
He did that this morning and was hired on the spot!
Yeay. He starts next monday, he will earn more money, have 2 full days off a week, every week and it will take him about 2 minutes to get to and from work. Yeay again.

Next subject..things I like in a man.
Chins, with clefts. Delicious. Good lips, thin lips no way, kissy ones but not wet ones, dribbly lips...ewwwwww.
Bums. My mum says if a man can't fill the seat of his pants, don't trust him. Good advice.
Funny, but not idiot. I love to laugh with a man, not at him. The first one was hysterical but never got that there is a time and a place. Funny isn't funny at a funeral, is it?

Sorry, off on a tangent here, American idol is on.... the panther man is on. My head has gone empty.

Still empty.

Olivia Newton John is such a lady. I hate for her to be subjected to such nonsense when she is probably incapable of just laughing at them, she is being so kind, which is good for the tragic auditionees but for the rest? She needs to toughen up, I see that after the break we get to see people begging, Olivia will die inside a little. I hope they are paying her well.

Head still empty except for American Idol thoughts and also the fact that I simply cannot EVER type 'except' right the first time, ever, not even then, when I really looked at the keys and typed it 'EXCPET' I used to be unable to type 'the' it always came out 'teh' as soon as I sussed that one, I lost the ability to type excpet....LOOK SEE? I really tried that time, just so I could say I did it. Agh.
Sometimes I am tempted to post things without ever correcting it, when I do post I always see so many typos, you should see it before I check it and change it....hopeless.
American Idol again...the begging has begun. I will have to go and stick my head in the oven, even though it is electric.
The mother is begging now too.
Simon likes the mum. Oh hang on, I think a good one might be coming on, it might be OK.
Phew.
I am going.

2 Comments:

Blogger rachel said...

You're hilarious, Helen! I'm glad I'm not the only one with blog ADD. That episode of American Idol was particularly painful, what with all the begging.

My Will has a tiny cleft in his chin. No idea where he got it, since it's not a trait in either of our families. But I love it.

That's funny about except. My consistent typing error is to add spaces where they don't belong (I just did it before "add"!), and to accidentally capitalize the second letter of RAch. I do it all the time.

Hope you're all well!

1:29 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Well, congrats to Jordan on the new job! It will be nice to have 2 days off and be so close to home!

I broke the piece on our tv where the cable and/or antenna would connect, so unless we pay for cable (which isnt a priority for us right now), we don't get to watch any tv, period! Dvds only! So, no AI for me!

I have a couple words that never come out right either when i type them. I do still do the teh sometimes. and behavior (as we spell it)always always comes out behavioUr. I can't help but put the U in it. My fingers just do it automatically.

3:29 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home